Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stearman

Baron? (Hans, Steve?)

Guest Stearman

Hi friends, I see there hasn't been any news about your new Baron lately, and I'd much appreciate any tips (it looked really promising!!).Thanks in advance, best regards!

I'm working on adding some light to the night version of the right forward quarter view. Ed Weber just sent me a nightlit cockpit, which enables me to put the lights where they belong. Basically, I'll lighten the faces of the instruments to make them show at night. I'll accomplish this by pasting slightly darkened versions of the day instruments over those of the "globally" darkened night view. Then there are some red spots that only show at night.I'd love to hear from Steve, regarding the panel.As the paintjob is concerned Ansgar has something up his sleeve. I've been struggling with rather illogical and limiting texture allocations and it seems that there will a remedy soon...best regards,Hans Petter

I'm currently adding some lights to the right front quarter view. This goes for the day view as well as the night view. Day panel: The original image was taken when the aircraft was parked, with battery off and engines out. I've awakened the dead instruments and added some LED lights. As the day view is concerned I'm working on the Radio stack / AP.Night panel: The easy way to make a night view is to darken the day view.But then, all the nightlit instruments will be gone. The challenge is to put the light back where it's supposed to be. I paste lighter versions of the instruments over the "globally" darkened bitmap. In doing so, the real challenge is to put everything exactly where it is in the day view. If anything gets shifted (even one single pixel off) the view will get blurry at dawn or dusk. Remember, FU3 performs a seamless blending of day and night views to create dawn / dusk. I just ran a check to confirm that the three instruments that I've done are spot on. Since these are positioned correctly I can use them for reference when adding the rest.best regards,Hans Petter

I'll quit for tonight but here's as far as I got. I added the throttle lever since it shows in the "up" position in flight. I'll need some real frequencies to replace the blurry red LEDs. The reason it came out blurry is that the original photo was taken handheld with a long exposure time.No problem, since I'm editing this pixel by pixel anyway, just using the photo as a reference. All I need is a list of frequencies to put in there. best regards,Hans Petter

Guest Stearman

Hi Hans, thanks for your detailed reply and for all the work you're doing. I really hope the new Baron will "see light" sometime soon.Blue skies.

Guest Dann

I didn't miss the release of this Baron, did I?

No you didn't miss it -- we're just procrastinating :-)Actually, I've been pretty busy but I have got a bit further. You may expect finished interior views in a few days. If Steve finishes the new panel it will be "shipped" with that one -- otherwise I'll use the one by Tom. Ansgar promised to look into the Baron model (polygons and textures) and this will provide a Baron with a logical and consistent texture map. (Unlike the "place a white dot along the side, otherwise the plane gets a textured nose cone" and the mirroring of left to right, making it impossible to put objects (doors, step guard) on one side only.best regards,Hans Petter