Sign in to follow this  

Flight Planner question

Hi,Is it possible to use the flight planner to plan a flight starting in Seattle and ending in San Francisco or at an airport in the outer areas? Thanks.Rich

Guest jonpoint

Rich,Not that I know of. I can only select the planner inside the Seattle or Sanfran areas. When you try to drag the line outside the region it stops!Mind you, since you're probably not flying GA here, you can request vectors from ATC to get you there. I'm not the expert here - I fly in endless circles or relatively short hops. When I DO fly LD, I use the ATC for guidance in and out of areas and rely on GPS (the map!) for the rest.Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Steffen

Hi Rich,yes, with a little "tricking" it is possible:1. One of your regions (Seattle or SanFran) will be the active one, which allows you to select an airport. Even though you are in this "active" region, select an airport of the other region to start the flight.2. Click the flightplan button, the standard home airport (Seattle or SanFran) will be selected. Click the "Erase flightplan" button. Then click on all waypoints or airports you want to have in your flightplan . Those can only be points/airports of the "active" region. You'll see the line of your planned flight appearing from out of the map window.3. Voila, you're finished. You might want to save and load this very flightplan for flying it in the other direction.Blue Skies, Steffen

Steffen, I should have thought of that. Thanks! I'll try it tonight.Rich

Guest jonpoint

Ah hah!So that's how you do it!Thanks, Steffen :-hahJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Steffen, I tried to do what you said, but could not. If I pick an airport to start at in one region and then change regions to pick a destination in the other, the starting airport changes too. If I don't change regions then I can't pick any airports out of region because the button that enlarges the map is disabled in the flight planner. If I use that button instead when selecting an airport, I can seem to select two of the San Fran region airports as the starting point (San Fran and Sacramento) and then pick an airport in the Seattle region (can't select any Seattle airports when starting in the San Fran region though) but even this did not work -- it didn't really start me in San Fran but at the Seattle airport anyway. ? What am I missing?RichRich

Guest napis

Check this screenshot.POD - San FranciscoDEST - SeaTac Intl.597 mile.ETA - 143 min.No comment. :-)PETER