Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Utilizing MS2002 System Failures

Hi!I log a lot of hours with the virtual airline, DC Airways, flying the DC-3.I am almost obsessional about realism, opting for such settings in virtually everything I do on the computer, not just FS2002.With this flight sim, I always download real worls weather and one other feature I would like to employ, even though "events" don't occur too often, is the "System Failure" feature built into FS2002. However, i would like to do so in a realistic fashion.In the interests of reality, how could one implement this feature into our flights? With good maintenance practices, I know this doesn't happen all that often but nonetheless, things do happen. I would, for the additional aspect of realism as well as the experience, like to implement this into my flying but have no idea how to go about it in a realistic manner.Would you know of any statistics that show a historical record of the reliability of the various systems and components of the DC3 in say, a percentage basis? If such information were available, I could merely roll some die (my brother has some ten-sided dice) to determine the chance of a failure of some kind while setting up my flight.For example: Let's say that the engines are 98% reliable, (less as time since MOH increases for those who really enjoy keeping records). While setting up a flight, I could roll percentage dice for each system. Let's say that for the engines, I roll two nines, hence 99%. I would therefore set up a random engine failure to happen some time during that flight.With the combined experience of everyone who visits here, I value your opinion on this and would like to know what you think, good or bad. An option for those who really like to dive into realism in their sim flying.Cheers!"Bad Weather" Heather

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Rather get FS Maintenance from Lago. It's payware but worth the price if you are looking for more realism.Airdog

Thanks Airdog!You're the second person who has mentioned that to me. I will now definitely have to look into it!Cheers!Heather