Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

New system...

Guest jonpoint

Chris,Ooooohh, the pain, the pain :-(Yes, I learned the hard way that the only way to save packages properly is to close them. I found with my 6-pixel trees, I can place about 30-40 before a lockup so I usually place ~25 (counting down as I go) then close the package (and say yes to saving). It doesn't seem to matter how complex the models either - when placing lotsa houses on Whidby I noticed the same thing. There just seems to be a limit to the number of models placed in one session :-)Other FLEDdy, crashy things for others to look out for:1. Placing objects on tile edges then moving them - they disappear! If you're not careful, you'll lose them and the next time you see the tree/house/cow, it's right in the middle of the runway... See 4b below.2. Quickly opening an airport to check taxiway location etc. ONLY do this AFTER you've closed your package and reopened it otherwise...3. If you are editing a package and DO open and close an airport, when FLED crashes, the package is usually OK. The airport may well be trashed - no lighting, radio frequencies gone, even the FBO name. The worst problem I had caused the entire airport to be shifted about 200yds :-grr4a. Sometimes (rarely), you place an object in it appears in a different position. You think 'so what?' and drag it back. Surprise, surprise(!) when you go there in FU3 and find the object has moved again. 4b. If you place an object and it moves, BEFORE you deselect it, delete it, close the package and reopen - you've reached the limit for the session :-hah5. 'Saving' (using the file menu) only seems to save the 'active' operation. If you have an airport open AND a package, strange things happen (crashes). I ONLY use it when I've already closed everything!PS I have noticed another, strange thing which you XP boys may not have to worry about - when FLED or FU3 crashes, very often I still have to reboot, even though I've closed the program OK. Also, if FLED crashes, you cannot run FU3 until you reboot :-(I don't mean this to sound like black magic - FLED is a great piece of software - it just wasn't finished and therefore has bugs in it. As long as you are aware of them, you can still turn out beautiful works of art very easily, eh Chris? There are times when all I want to do is landscape... :-beerchugJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************