Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptRolo

Dual processors

Guest CaptRolo

I bought a asus A7V333 mobo and then bought a AMD 2000 MP-XP duel processor . WRONG!!! The AMD MP will only work with a 260 chipset board . Asus A7V333-D. So now I have Had to buy another AMD processor 2000 ,on it's way now .Then I will wait for another mobo to handle the MP as I don't like the specks on that one. Will be doing major changes this weekend I hope. Wish me luck. Backing up everthing again !! CaptRolo

Guest jonpoint

Durn!Had a similar issue with my last purchase - a new MB (VIA) and CPU (Athlon 1700+). Got it home, setup the MB, documentation said OK. Opened the AMD box and, lo and behold - wrong FSB frequencies - seems like it would only work with Durons :-grrTold the shop - they returned the entire shipment BUT agreed to give me a better MB on the spot for my trouble - the advantages of dealing with 'locals'. Glad I didn't buy it over the 'net - I'd still be waiting (and the chip's been obsolete for months!)Best of luck, just backup your entire Flight3 folder (and other FU3 stuff) to the HD just in case. Much quicker than reinstalling and FU3 doesn't require Windows registry entries to work at all!Of course, who am I talking to? Sorry Captain, I'm sure you knew that already :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Ansgar

Hi Captain,I cross my fingers and wish you all the best with the new MoBo and processors!With that power it must be possible to simulate tornados under FU3 and fly through it together with all our new HQ-planes (incl. new AI