Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Progress on Heathrow

Guest R_Driscoll

Below are some shots of models being developed for Heathrow. These arestereoscopic - if you don't know what this means then just look at them normally, but if you can look through the pictures you should see a 3D effect. I have a few terminal buildings and the big radar done as well. But I can't put the package together yet as I don't have the terrain elevation detail.[Note to modellers: by the way, BSP has scaling switches for each direction independently - you don't have to just use the -s switch.]

Guest twsimfan

Nice work. But where is the wayout sign? When I first arrived in London in January of 1974 my friend Roger Label, who I had known in Korea, met me at Heathrow. After baggage claim, customs, & imigration we headed to the parking garage (pronounced "gerrrige"). We got my gear stuffed into Roger's MG-B (not an easy task since we hoped to leave some space for us to sit) and started looking for the "EXIT" sign. After 3 circuits of the garage we finally realized that the "WAYOUT" sign was intended to indicate the way to leave the facility. Keep in mind that this was 1974... the days of "Hey, way out man!". :-lol Well I guess you had to be there. ;-)

Guest Stearman

Hi Tom, yes... everytime I've been in London (5 times so far, if I'm not wrong), I do always find myself looking for EXIT signs in the underground stations, until I realize (remember!!) WAYOUT is the word.Did I say "Underground"... or should I have said "Subway"? :-)Best regards,

Guest Quaxo

Robert, your models are great! I love them!And, I didn't forget about the elevation, but I had some problems today and couldn't email you. I'll write to you tomorrow, I promise! :)By the way: your stereoscopic images are very nice, how did you do them?Cristian

Guest R_Driscoll

Thanks Cristian!I made the images using ModelView (Gideon AGAIN!), taking two screen captures after a small rotation. The two pics were then combined into one using Photostyler. The whole was then JPEG'd to give files of about 20 kb! Not everyone can see stereoscopic pics, esp on a computer. Its easiest I'm told for short-sighted people like me! But I still have to take off my glasses ... If you find you're going cross-eyed its not worth it - just look at them straight.Rob D.