Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Heathrow !!!

Here are some shots of ongoing work at Heathrow.Progress with Heathrow airport package: Cristian (Qaxo) has sent me UK-South scenery. I couldn't load it, lack of disk space, so he kindly sent me detailed instructions on installing just the scenery around Heathrow itself. Cristian also sent me terrain elevation detail just for this area, with careful instructions on installation. I did this. The colours are outstanding. I think the graphics source must be a plane rather that a satellite - they are so much clearer and better coloured than Seattle or San Fran - you have to see it to believe it! I have completed 9 models of varying complexity for Heathrow so far. Below are some pictures of where I'm up to.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Outstanding!!! Great models, as always. Thank you!Regarding the photos: yes, they are aerial photos and not satellite photos. That's why they are so crisp. And they come in 16 million colors, while SF and Seattle come from black and wite photos, subsequently hand-colored. That's why colors of UK are so bright.P.S. Try to find some other disk space... there are other areas, which IMHO are much better looking than the Heathrow area! (mainly at the south coast)...Cristian