Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robs

Newbie to enhancing FU3 and some questions

Hi All,I have been flying FU3 for years but only found out yesterday that you could add to it!If there is FAQ doc download that explains then please send me the link!Plane Questions:-I have added a Piper Cub and Goose. Does FU3 limit the number of extra aircraft you can add?Can the alterations to the standard trainer, arrow etc be installed and still retaining the original?Can repaints be done and still retain the original aircraft so you have a choice of paint jobs to fly.Scenery Question:-I have seen a number of downloads for objects, regions and megatiles.I am confused!I assume you need to install new regions and upgrade the region with airport, mesh and beacon fixes and the objects are for the scenery developers.I am interested in Uk scenery - especially Bristol - where I live.In case any scenery developers need ideas for the next project it has the world famous Clifton Suspension bridge, colorful houses, historic buildings (you could do Bath next door if you are feeling prolific!), hilly, canyon - and filton where concorde was developed with Rolls Royce and BAe airbus on/close to the airport. Super project -anyone sold?Rob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Rob,For your plane questions:- I don't know if there's a limit, but once I had more than 40 different planes without problems (it was annoying to scroll through all of them to find the desired one, though).- You can retain the original. Just make a backup of the original before modifying, then put it again in the plnpile folder, with a different name. This works because all FU3 planes are stored in single individual files, complete of models, textures, gauges and so on. The same thing works for paint jobs, you can keep as many as you want. I.e. if the original plane's file is "goose.res", you can rename it as "goose1.res", "goose2.res" and so on.For the scenery questions:The megatiles you see are for the new regions (UK or Switzerland). Switzerland is "on the hold" now, but UK is being actively developed. The UK megatiles you see at Avsim, though, are outdated, and not good anymore, as the region definitions have been heavily modified.There are already some add-ons for UK (Heathrow, the Needles meshes, and the NAV beacons); these must be installed on top of the base UK scenery.Cristian