Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quaxo

UK merging completed! Bristol now?

Guest Quaxo

I have completed filling the gap (see screenshot). Now the region is in one huge, seamless hi-res area.Now I'll try to reach Bristol and Bath. I don't know if I'll succeed though, it depends on how good is the raw data I have...Cristian

Guest Robs

Christian,As I have said before I think Bristol would be an excellent area for flight sim fans.The Filton airfield in North Bristol was were Concorde did it's Maiden flight and many other famous aircraft flew from.The Harrier engine was developed by Rolls Royce there.Today many test aircraft and private aircraft share this airfield.Also Lulsgate in South Bristol flys large airliners to holiday destinations.Also Bristol is close to the Severn bridges and also the Clifton suspension bridge and the gorge into the town docks where the SS Great Britain is moored.Bristol is at the intersection of the M4 and m5 so good for VFR flying.I would think Bristol would be a scenery modellers dream!!! But I live here.I have had no FLED or modeling experience before and am trying to assess how big a deal it is to do your own. But as I live here I have a digi camera and can soon take some reference pictures (from the ground) if anyone needs this data to start modelling.Bath would be a good choice to because of the architecture and parks!Robs

Guest R_Driscoll

I'm happy to help if I can! Send me an email and we can start corresponding. We could start making models in the hope that Cristiancan expand to cover Bristol. Or we could wait - I have to get Heathrow off the ground (I'm not sure that's what I mean). Rob D.We also need to develop some UK standard weather files, I was thinking of something like "Rain", "Heavy Rain", "Rain and Sleet", "Snow", "Fog and Drizzle", "Rain and Fog" - this would add to the realism ...Gotta go.

Guest qvdg

Great Work Cristian. I once was invited to a Cricket match in Bath. Bristol is also interesting but we musn't fly too low over the MoD at Abbey- Wood !Cheers,QvdG