Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robs

Add on Plane Compatibilty

Guest Robs

Hi All,I seem to be having some interactions between downloaded planes in /plnpile and I was wondering if the experienced lot already knows what this is.It seems to involved repainted versions of downloaded planeseg DC3 V1.2 and DC3 V1.1 (military) don't seem to allow FU3 to runeg DC3 floats in the origina and military livery cause a lockupeg storch in red and luftwaffe causes a crashHowever repaints (gg3, bb3 and t6 blue) and new cockpits in the mustang and the racing/swiss army mustang all seem very happy!Whats going on?Rob.

Guest Ansgar

Hi Rob,only a simple other livery for my DC3 and/or B747 sure didn

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Rob,The only time I've ever had any extra aircraft crash FU3 was when I went fiddling in the .res file with resviewer. It's possible then that these resfiles have become corrupt. Assuming you have a backup of the aircraft's zipfile hanging around somewhere, you could always have a go at extracting it again. If not, it might be worth downloading another copy of any of the problem aircraft and seeing if that works.Sorry I can't be more help,Rich.

Guest R_Driscoll

Yes, I've had the same experience! I used Resviewer to add extra views for the Fokker, and the resulting plane caused FU3 to crash until I worked out the problem and deleted it. Much later, I reloaded the Fokker, added the extra views again, and it worked perfectly! Weird.But then, the Fokker is unflyable without rudder pedals anyway.Rob D.

Guest Robs

Ansgar,It was the plane file length!eg DC3_c47_military.res is now DC3_mil.res and works fine(I tend to be very descriptive with my file names because I see a LOT of files!!)I have shorterned the filenames of the plane affected but some aircraft seem to get away with longer names eg HvR_Sukhoi.resAnway this is this problem solved. Happy Customer!Rob.

Guest Robs

Being the red baron is everyone's fav pastime.Getting off the ground even with pedals is hard hard - on the runway is a bonus.Also getting the little Fokker to sink is difficult - turn off the engine and glide - it glides well- if only I could get it to sink at 3 deg- even side slipping!The last problem is stopping without using object such as trees or houses...even tapping the brakes with the tail sky high doesn't slow it much....Has anyone done a tuttorial on how to deal with the little fokkers?Robs