Sign in to follow this  

Newbie trying to install scenery!

Hi all,Very new to this game having only got it just at the end of last year. I was trying to install the Switzerland scenery. I followed the instructions and started the game. The regions now listed Switzerland along with Sanfran and Seattle. But when I clicked on it the game just locked up. Tried several times with the same result. Anyone able to give me a step-by-step on how to install the scenery and get it to work! If I can get up and running with Switzerland I'd then like to try out the scenery being put together for the south of england - as I hail from the UK.Thanks,Duke

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Duke,At a guess I'd say that you need to rename a folder, I tripped over a very similar problem when installing it myself.Under Flight3regionsSwitzerland you'll find a folder that is called "gerpile" by default when you install. Try renaming that to "engpile" and see if that helps. Other than that, the best I can suggest is that you try the Switzerland install again.For details of how to obtain the UK-South region you'll need to email Cristian (Quaxo) for the details. It's too large now to upload anywhere, I believe it now runs to 7 CDs...This link should take you to the forum email page. If not you can always find one of his posts and click on the "email this user" icon http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...er&userid=QuaxoCheers,Rich.

Guest Robs

Hi,I ended up uninstalling the switzerland scenery as it seemed to overlap with the seattle scenery and caused it to ask me for the next CD.I would like to know how to get it completly seperate from the seattle scenery.Rob.

Guest glidernut

Hi Rob,This hapend to me, untill I fixed it.In Flight3 REGIONS Switzerland region.cfg thered line doun you shouldsee this line,reg_cd_path C:Program FilesFlight3cdromSwitzerlandmapsBut if you have installed FU3 to anywhere other than C:Program FilesFlight3Or if you have copyed FU3 to a diferant folder, and you are useing that copyOf FU3,then you need to reeflect this change in the Switzerland region.cfg file.Thered line doun.Get the path right, and it will stop asking you for the next CD.glidernut.

Guest glidernut

Allso.Sum of the files in your REGIONS Switzerland Folder are emty.You have to fill them with the same datea that you fined inyour REGIONS SEATTLE files.For an example you'll see a file called "Aimodel.dat"if you open it it will be empty. then go to "seattle "and copy it and put it in "switzerland". so on and so forth for the rest.The files and folders to look at are ;GenGenpileGrobjsndModelsAimodel.datAiplan.txtAirspace.txtExt_port.txtFltdnsty.datFltdnsty.namglidernut:-wave.