Sign in to follow this  

My life seems easier with this...!

Hi all!If you live in the UK you can this month get a copy of PC Answers magazine which has a full and free version of Opus 6 which is a file management system that replaces explorer.I have used it for just 1 day and find it very useful with FU3 for 3 reasons [i'm on win98 by the way. Some of the features below are on winME and most probably on XP, but I'm not sure which]1. If you are on win98 or less, chances are you can't view thumbnails. This makes looking through your folder of screenshots (or any other picture folder) much easier. You can see at a glance exactly what you want. I also find the quick viewer for a picture file much better than the one in ME (the office comp uses ME)2. You can have a dual paine view. Have your downloaded FU3 goodies folder on the left and your programs/flight3 folder open on the right and just drag across. Also I noticed when you get a duplicate file message you get the option to rename the folder you are copying across. Jolly useful!3. It has a built in zip progam so you can view and use the contents of a zipped file without unzipping it. Saves some disk space.4. SPEED! I found explorer was terrible slow at opening subfolders, which is a big problem with FU3 as there can be loads in some of the downloads. sometimes I was waiting 10 seconds or so to go up one level if I was about 3 subfolders down. I thought it was a problem with my system till I used Opus6. It opens folders super quick no matter how deep they areI'm no computer genius so some of these features may be in explorer, but I've never found them!If you aren't in the UK to get the free disk then you can download opus6 here http://www.gpsoft.com.au/, but you have to pay I'm afraid.Just doing my bit to make your life easier so you can spend more time in the saddle.My dad is on his way over now. He's a qualified single engine pilot. When he sees me on the flight sim he's sure to remind me of the time he flew from Shobden (in Shropshire I think) to Wick at the top of Scotland, and they didn't see the ground once! Best quality British fog!GraemeUK

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Helow Graeme,Its allways good to see you brop in from time to time.Thank you fore sheairing this with us.One never knows wether sumthing is usefall to others or not.It just might be!Keep up the good work.glidernut. :-wave UK.