Sign in to follow this  
Guest hoohah

Magatagan's FU2 docs?

Guest hoohah

I recently discovered that I had (accidentally) deleted my archived FU files when I was cleaning up my drive. I've replaced most of my cherished FU files, but I'm I can't locate Mike Magatagan's FU2 approach plate and airport docs, on Avsim or elsewhere. Does anyone know where they can be found? TIA,-hoo

Oops...didn't actually check that the download link worked. It doesn't.:-(

I've now managed to find copies of the approach plates and airport diagrams at flightsim.com.Filenames are: fu2app3.zip and fu2air18.zipLet me know if you can't find them there. I can then either e-mail them to you or put them up on a temp server somewhere. Total file size for both is around 4MB.Ian

Guest juvat2

Hi Ian,Could they be uploaded here at Avsim? I had always wanted the Fu2 airports.doc by Matagan, but had got into Flight Unlimited to late to be able to download them. I've got the Fu3Airports.doc though.Thanks, Jim B.

I could upload them, assuming it wouldn't cause any problems?Anyone know how to contact the original author?Ian

Guest Quaxo

Ian, I don't know if this is true or some perverted hoax, but I heard that Mike Magatagan has passed away some time ago... Anyway, no-one has been able to contact him anymore. So I think you could upload the files...Cristian

OK. I'll set about uploading them.IanEdit: Files now uploaded. Hopefully they'll appear in the library soon.

Guest hoohah

Thanx for the info. I did locate the files on FLightSim.com. I hadn't been there in quite a long time because I'd always had difficulty logging on to the site...seems much better now.Unfortunately, Mike has passed away some time ago. I originally got the files from a "memorial" site; but it is no more. I think they should be part of the Avsim FU3 library though, if that is ok with everyone.On a side note, I took the Bizjet for a run between Seattle and SanFran regions for the first time. However, I forgot to check my fuel (shame) as I usually tool around a region on about 1/3 tank for most 'craft.Well, to make a short story shorter, I skidded in about 1 mile short of rwy 02 at Sacramento Exec. Oh well, I guess I'll be washing planes for a while until I can pay for the damage...-hoo

Guest juvat2

Thank you very much for the uploads. I found the other sight difficult to log in and to navigate in as well. I think Avsim is the best user-friendly sight around. Pages load swiftly, are well laid out, pleasing to look at, full of almost anything imaginable I would want to spend time with and browse, whether it be the forums, their interviews, reviews, and all you folks. Very-very nice here, very en-riching. My "discovery" of Avsim and this forum is what got me to get back into Fu3; subsequent posts made me realise I've been missing 2/3 of flight unlimited fun. That being Fu2 and Fu for 95. I've got them now and each one on their own merits are loads of fun.You all take care,Jim B.