Sign in to follow this  
Guest artl

What's my Problem?

I have a kinda unusual problem that I'm sure other people suffer from. I'm just not sure what to do about it, or how to solve the problem. My problem is that I have a new interest in FS. Right now, I wanna fly a Cathay Pacific 747-200, and at the same time, I wanna do all US Airways' flights. In a few days, I'll wanna do American 767 flights. I've been in so many VA's because of this problem. Right now, I think I'm in 4 VA's, because my interests shift so frequently.I've tried trying to stick with one aircraft, and I made it about a month. That was with a 757 and the 767 PIC with it. I've tried to accomplish high proficiency, but that just doesn't fuel my desire to fly a plane any more. I do GA type flying trying to find my type of flying. When I'm interested in a plane, I get real into it. I'll fly several flights with it. Then, the alacrity to fly the plane seems to dip, and I don't feel like flying it anymore. I know someone who flies only a 737 as his airliner plane in FS2002. This amazes me how he can stick with that aircraft only. He has over 10,000 hours in it. I have most of the major add-ons, including DF 737, 767 PIC, PSS Bus, 777, 747.I live in Philly, so my desire for US Airways has always been there, but of course there are no Virtual US Airways out there, and I lack the skill to build my own. Just asking for suggestions...Tim

Guest artl

Your problem is that flight-sim makers have been concentrating on flight models, realistic panels, and re-paints.You (and I) want skill-evaluation right in the sim.Do you not think that you would stay more interested if you did a flight, say, from Detroit to Boston, and were scored on your skill:the amount of fuel you burnedthe length of time you tookhow well you maintained track, Flight-level,how accurately you did the approach, the pattern,how smooth the landing, how direct the taxi to stop.AND THEN, after you got your total flight score, you would haveincentive to go do it again better!! And as long as there was ANY chance of getting it better, you would want to try again...Even touch and goes... if I were given my vertical velocity at touchdown for every pass, I could spend hours trying to get it smoother.... The way things are now, once I can "land"a particular plane, I really cannot tell the next time if I did better, worse, or what... So once I have done it a dozentimes, I may as well move on to something else.MS-FS "Flight analysis" is too weak.Art.