Sign in to follow this  
Guest tallpilot

What is Big Red

Guest tallpilot

First I would like to thank Hans Petter for doing a paint of my Baron for FU.I thought I would provide some information about "Big Red" so that those of you that might use it will know the real aircraft.My Baron is a 1965 B55 model. The name Big Red was given it by a friend who is also a flight simmer when I gave him his first ride in the airplane. He mentioned it on avsim when he wrote about his ride and now that is what everybody calls it. I have owned the aircraft since May of 1998 and purchased it in Las Vegas, NV. The previous owner had the airplane ferried to Germany in 1989 and it remained there for approximately two years before returning to the US.The aircraft is now based in Lake Havasu City, AZ ( home of the London Bridge - yep it was bought and brought over from London, brick by brick ). If any of you are in the area please stop by and say hello. I have been known to give rides in "Big Red"Regards,Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilot

Guest Ansgar

Hello Ed,thank you very much for sharing that original plane photo with us. This is motivating me and Hans to make our windhawk/baron model even more close to it

Guest R_Driscoll

I have flown the sim big red many times - just recently VFRing around UK, and its a delight. Quick to turn, plenty of power, good view, complete instrumentation, making it perfect for quick commuting or VFR. Thanks for sharing your craft with us here!And did I mention good-looking?RobD