Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steffen

Sounds in vcomctrl.res - New AI sounds

Guest Steffen

Hi guys,unless Jon's racing package finishes early (which will make me busy coming up with a new challenge), I'm currently trying to create new soundgroups for Ansgar's great new AI.As the sounds (i.e. Lufthansa) have to be "scratched together" from all the spoken words in FU3, right now I'm writing down EVERY spoken phrase in FU (in the vcomctrl.res and the player voices), so that everyone searching for a word has a chance to find that as well (we need that in order to know where to put the new sounds).I assume noone has done this before?As we are talking some 3000+ sound items in the FU3 .res-files, I sure could need some help writing all this down. I have pre-formatted an Excel-worksheet for that task - so any volunteers are very much welcome!In case anyone has done this before, or anyone is also working on callsign sounds for the new AI, please tell/stop me - I wouldn't want to do "double" work...Blue Skies,Steffen

Guest jonpoint

Steffen,You must have read my mind! I emailed Ansgar only recently regarding this issue and offered to help. I know what it's like trying to pull apart the sound files as I did it for the Archer and GeeBee (and a couple of planes just for me!). I just think of each phoenetic sound, then imagine a word that has that sound - then search for it. 'Archer' actually came from 'departure' which could be found in every voice. 'GeeBee' was a bit harder, but actually came from 'beechjet', just muddled-up! The trick was to find a common word or set of words which are consistent across the different voices.If you want to split up the work, please email me with the section you want me to analyse, including any 'rules' you want followed. A copy of the spreadsheet or it's template would obviously be helpful too! Please let me know :-) Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************