Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

Yellow & Black GeeBee... Thanks Jon!

Guest twsimfan

Great addition Jon! :-sun1I had a heck of a time putting in a NAV Light Switch... I forgot that some switches require 2 or 3 "on" position images. I finally put your switch images into some of the old unused switch images... until then it was giving me a needle for the on position. I have some more work to do on my version... like a lable for that switch would be nice. But that is the fun part! :) Thanks again for this great plane.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e628a7078fc8560.jpgBoeing Field... 31L...http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e628a937a3c697f.jpgKind of a stubby looking thing... but hey... that is what a GeeBee is all about! ;-)http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e628afd7c0d2126.jpgI love that engine detail. :)http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e628b1e7d03af7a.jpgIt looks as if I need to go up a pixel or 2 on that switch.Once I get this one just to my tastes I'll make a copy of it and bring over the white & red textures and sounds to make that one. I hope you don't take exception to my tinkering. I only alter the ones I really like. :)

Guest jonpoint

Tom,No problems with the tinkering - that's how I started! Then one thing led to another and... did I tell you I FLEW a new 737 around Seattle last night?Glad you like it, the red livery package should be done this week and Steffen has some great ideas for the racing package/challenge :-)Regards,Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest twsimfan

Jon,I just test flew my "red one"... meaning the red/white "GeeBee one zero one". I decided not to tinker any more with the panel for now so I made my copy and brought all the name, sound, texture, & cockpit files over. So now I have both paint jobs with the 3 position flaps, 5 way starter, & of coruse my Nav light switch. :)737... Seattle... :-hmmm

Guest jonpoint

Tom,"I decided not to tinker any more with the panel for now so I made my copy and brought all the name, sound, texture, & cockpit files over. So now I have both paint jobs with the 3 position flaps, 5 way starter, &..."That's fine, it just doesn't have the fixed quarter views (and one more little refinement that you'll find out about later).The 737? Um, yeah! It flies real nice so far, like a heavier (and obviously larger) Beechjet. The model I'm using is super-preliminary (no working control surfaces yet) but certainly looks the part. Truth is, I'm going to do a Dash-8 as my next aircraft project - this was just me stuffing around. I always wanted to do a 737 as I fly in them a lot (mostly '800s for trans-Tasman and 300s for domestic flights). I'd really like to do an '800 with the upturned winglets 'coz it looks cool! I regularly fly on one of these (Polynesian Airlines - Isle of Savaii) and it's a real nice aircraft. :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************