Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quaxo

My personal Hoops2 Record!

Guest Quaxo

All this talking about challenges awakened my intrest! So I gave a try to this hoops2 challenge - the one rated "impossible" - well it wasn't easy! :-) I hate to admit I wrecked a plane during the attempts... Anyway here's my record!!! ;-)

Guest Rich Wren

I flew the wings off about 20 Mustangs to get 230 seconds, looks like I've been upstaged :-)"Impossible" is just asking for you to beat it though...Rich.

Guest juvat2

Wow,Outstanding guys! Won the challenge and beat records! Thats really super. Sounds like there are some 'stangs going to need a structural overall for all the "g's" the've been pulling.Did you guys record your run? I'd really like to see your flying skills in action. Hoot!Jim B.

Guest Quaxo

Jim,I didn't record my run - how can I do that? I will try to replicate my time and post the video if you tell me how to do! :-)Cristian

Guest DLM

>Sounds like there are some 'stangs going to need a structural >overall for all the "g's" the've been pulling.No no no no! x( What are you doing to my poor defenseless Mustang Racer! ;-)Jim, If i only had the Mustang Racer in JAS, oh boy that would be some action! (although unfair for the enemies...)Now i shall give the Hoops-course a try to see what "modifications" the Mustang Racer would benefit from.Watch out for a WILD animal :-grr// Daniel

Guest juvat2

Hi Daniel,The Flt Physics could be easily modded in Jas with its built in edior.The re-skin a lot more complicated I imagine.I must add that I went on the course again, and after completing it (no penalties; but time was 257) and in pattern to land at Auburn I was in f2 view and looked out the right window. What I saw was a shocker. The mustang I'm flying has your Mustang Racer cockpit views. So, I must declare that pedigree here at the forum. I must of been really stirring the pot on the mustang at one time. So, here's the EBRacer's pedigree: Daniels(DLM/ Unlimited Design) Mustang Racer, with Erik Bj

Guest Steffen

Hi there guys,nice to see you try to get the Mustang to its limits: You'll sure need the skills learned there. Our upcoming "Reno Air Race Challenge" will do the same to you (and much more): Race around the official Reno Air Race course with the Mustang or any other racer plane. The lap time and speed gets recorded - but you won't see no hoops there, just the pylons on the ground which have to be rounded on the outside. But this time there will be 8 computer planes racing with you. And those guys get stronger together with you! We'll release this thing latest this weekend - any willing beta-testers can contact me directly via mail.Blue Skies, Steffen

Guest Quaxo

Daniel,I didn't pull too many G's. Pulling G's helps on tight corners, but decreases your airspeed. I wanted to be FAST, that means, no abrupt changes or jerky flying! :) The wings never "squeaked"...Cristian

Guest juvat2

Just to see how she fly's, I changed the descr and script to use the GB r2. Challenge name is Hoops2GB. Pretty neat putting her through the hoops. I just need to get good enough to get thru all the hoops.A terrible record but I'll improve. I wanted to put Hennies Hotrod Baron to see how it'll do, but running into snags.Take Care, Jim B.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e6f014772aa0531.jpg

Guest Quaxo

Just improved my record, to 228 seconds! :-) I've recorded this run, and I'm now trying to upload it...It wasn't as "clean" as I wished though, a little too "jerky"...Cristian

Guest juvat2

Gawd!! 228?!!Ok, I gotta peak under your hood and see where your nitros tanks are mounted an' see if you've peeled off any panels to reduce weight. ;)I imagine thats a record that's going to stand for a long-long time; unless you make a run for it yourself. :)Looking forward to your recording!Take care,Jim B.

Guest glidernut

Cristian, Your Record Time: was 226 on my PC ?I tryed it with several diferant setings in the cfg file, and eventakeing the cfg file out so that FU3 would generate a difalt one,"O", deaer that looks terabl, but your Record Time: was alwase 226.So I dont understand why your PC ses 228 when my PC ses 226 ?Eather way, its a briliant display.I carnt see anyone beeting that.glidernut:-wave

Guest Quaxo

Glidernut,the same happens to me - if I play back the video, I get a different completion time. I don't know why this happens, it's probably a lack of synch... But I assure it was 228! Too bad I didn't take a screenshot... :-)Cristian

Guest juvat2

Hi Fellas,I watched the recording and it displayed 226 for me as well. Fu3 records the number in Records.txt.Jim B.