Sign in to follow this  

representation of the planes selected in FU3

Under FBO, in the circular window of selection of the unquestionable planes of those recup

As names are concerned you may edit them in ResViewer. I haven't come across any "erroneous" names but you may want to rename some of them. Typically, the aircraft designers have included their initials in the name. The see-through or transparent models came with Ansgar's splendid creations. It does NOT affect the visual models once the flight loads but there's something that goes wrong in the "select aircraft menu".My guess is that the preview isn't 3D and fails to sort the various parts unless they're "glued" in a way that preserves the 3D illusion.The BeeGee looks fine but as far as I've seen the Dash 8 will look a bit strange in the selection menu. It may seem that aircraft created in 3D Studio Max look funny until you load a flight. From there on they look stunning so I'd worry less about how they display in the menu :-)Hans Petter

Guest jonpoint

Luc,There is an issue with the rendered image you see in the selection window. It is unavoidable unfortunately. Some aircraft are better than others in this regard. So are some video cards i.e. I only first saw it when using an Nvidia card - my old SIS video didn't show it. As to the descriptions being incorrect, if you are using Ansgar's AI updates you may find the descriptions in German! Also, I note that some aircraft do not show correctly (i.e. different aircraft altogether) because the originals have been replaced by better-quality models. Please wait for a post from Ansgar in this regard. AI is being constantly updated and will change again very soon, I promise ;):-waveJon Point(Dupont)*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Ansgar

Dear Luc,the "look through" effect you can see in the preview window in my opinion has something to do with a mistake in the software renderer of FU3!My models are of good quality if you fly them in FU3 and use the hardware renderer (supported by directX and your graphics card).The hardware rendering is the default one and can be activated/decativated in the "graphic options" of FU3. Hardware rendering is named "primary graphics driver" there.If you select "software rendering" in this options you will see the same bad things in the real fly-mode of FU3 than you see now only in the preview window now. So it must have something to do with a strange mistake in the software rendering of FU3.Since I can

Thank you In Hans Petter, Jonpoint, Ansgar. I reassure you immediately, the planes in flight are completely splendid. There is only the window of selection which is affected. I join two images (if I can) for the example. Thank you with all.

That aircraft looks all right but it's hardly a Mustang. Is this what you mean by erroneous names? If you have used a ResViewer script to create a new aircraft you may have been adding a new visual model to a default aircraft. As far as I know all the fast taildraggers are based on the Mustang model. This may explain why it's still presenting itself as a Mustang. If you have ResViewer you may open the aircraft file and change it to Sukhoi or whatever is the correct name. Just scroll down the list until you find the "name file" and type in the correct one.best regards,Hans Petter