Sign in to follow this  

Appel aux Fans de FU3 Fran

Guest Yull

Hello I'm french and FU3 was the first advanced graphic sim I played, before I turned to FS2002. I really love this game, but now I spend more time to FS2002, so my copy is "dans un coin" ;-)In fact I would loved to fly in Auvergne, with an hi-res mesh and photoreal textures!! Neither FS2002 didn't render that!!Well generaly I post some pictures of France from the Screen Shot forum, but it is about FS2002, and maybe FS2004 in a near future..But FU3 will stay one of my favorites sim and I'm very sad that Looking Glass "ate the farm".:-)

Bon soir mes amies francophone! It might be possible to make an FU3 region of France if you can get hold of a full range of satellite images or aerial photos. It would be nice to be able to fly across the Channel from the UK South region and visit France or the Netherlands. This might be set up just like the SanFran region in the standard FU3. Since I have a stand-alone installation of UK South there won't be any inherent conflict with original regions. Even though Looking Glass "bought the farm" we may still modify and expand this sim for as long as we wish and a high resolution region of France would be a nice challenge for French FU3 enthusiasts.Hans Petter

Hello Yull,Si j'ai bien compris, tu es un fran

Guest jonpoint

Bonjour, well... Folks!This is sounding better every day. Non! Every minute ;) A new area? The possibility of flying over water to another country? Flying over the patchwork of the French countryside, or through Paris around the famous landmarks. Off to the South to trace family roots. Then there's the 'ski ramp' runway at Courcheval and...Sorry, it's getting toooooo much :-)France is a 'compact' country which offers a wide range of scenery with better mountains than the UK. The ability to fly between countries would be interesting too - making the Channel like OT (but wet).Gee, I go on, huh?PS 4 metres per pixel resolution is the optimal figure, preferably satellite photos but UK was made from aerial photography. The advantage seems to be that aerial photos already show the correct colours whereas satellite photos are either monochrome or artificially-coloured. Quaxo and Agtim are our pioneers with scenery here. I'm certain they will be able to provide ALL the correct information!:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Yull

Hello Luc I'm aswering to you.I'm French and I live at Paris not in Canada. Well maybe my choice for FS2002 disappoints you but I love flying country from country into an HiEnd Graphic Sim.I hate FS2000 and I like FS2002.FU3 will stay the best Sim on my mind : I loved to fly at sunset in a "bush" airport (like Ranger Creek), or flying at Half Moon Bay (my other favorite).When I played FS2002 for the first time, I loved the scenery, but dislike the blurries.But I like this (mine):http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/9978.jpgAlso these (mine too):http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/9979.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/9980.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/9981.jpgWell even if I like to fly in France with FS2002, I would reinstall FU3 and appreciate the Hi-res scenery. That's why as you I hope to fly in France in FU3.France is a beautiful complete VFR scenery (as UK for sure ;-)). The problem is that I have never made an add-on before, and I have not much time for that.Actually I want to test my FU3 on my config (GeForce 4 4200 ; 1.2Ghz) and I will send you my shots :-)Yes FU3 is great!!! and his community too!! But I try to take the best of each sim (aerodyn for Xplane, Panel for Fly!, Graphics and worldwide for FS2002, Scenery and sunset for... FU3!)Dears, Yull:)

Guest Quaxo

Hello Luc,The resolution of FU3's scenery is exactly 4 meters per pixel. If you have images with a resolution of 4 meters/pixel or better, they'll be good. If not, we'll loose some detail, but this will still acceptable up to 5-6 meters/pixel.The scenery is organized in files which cover an area of 16x16 kilometers (4096x4096 pixels at 4 meters/pixel). How many photos could you find? I mean, what area could you cover?And, are they electronic or paper photos? (scanning photos can be a boring task).If they are aerial photos, they'll be better than satellite photos - as said in a post above, the colors will be far more realistic, see the UK for example...Cristian...Translation by freetranslation.com:Bonjour Luc,La r

Guest jonpoint

Bonjour all,Yull,I am glad that you have the different simulators for their good qualities. I wish I had the space/time/money! I prefer FU3 for the easy 'feel', great weather generation and scenery. I also prefer FU3's flight modelling over MSFS's although now, MSFS2002 provides more programming freedom - if the developers take advantage of it!I have been interested in improving many aspects of FU3, starting with the addition of some generic (but good quality) models like lights, trees, airport accessories etc. For the last 12 months, my focus has been developing aircraft of better quality, such as my mods to Ansgar's lovely DC3 and my first aircraft, the GeeBee R2 (my new DHC Dash-8 will be on 'beta release' later this week).Luc,Do you have enough information yet to start gathering images? I am sure if you start assembling them, we (as a community) can 'workshop' with them, getting them into shape. This is OK as we could never apply all at once :-eek Do you have any terrain height maps to work from as this is also a job that can be done 'in parallel' with ground textures?Again, Quaxo and Agtim are your best choice to ask for help :-wave Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Bonjour Jon Point et ceux qui sont int

Guest jonpoint

Now, Luc!Beyond my French ancestry (Duponts who ran away before we were beheaded...) and my year or two of French in high school (too long ago), I am left wondering at your last post! Can you please translate it or tell me of a good program for it? It is fun reading posts in both languages - I find it interesting. Please do not take offence. French is a beautiful language, both to speak and read. I just need to re-learn it before I can read your post properly (I wouldn't want to misinterpret what you are saying).While I am relearning it, can you please continue with the translations? It is great to see international cooperation in the forums too :-)You should contact Andre (Agtim) and Christian (Quaxo) regarding the information required. Andre wrote many tools and can inform you best of what is required. Please post a new forum subject like 'Agtim and Quaxo - Help wanted'. It will get their attention for sure! :-waveRegards,Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest qvdg

Luc, Jon to help out here I will translate - particularly because I would love to see a French FU3 region - my home base is Etampes-Mond