Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stearman

Nvidia Geforce and FU3...

Guest Stearman

Hi, I've finally done what I did never thought I would do... I've changed my old and beloved Voodoo5 5500 for a Nvidia Geforce4 Ti4800 (FS2002 and the upcoming FS2004 are the reason behind that, I hate to admit).However, I don't want to quit FU3, so here is the question (I'm sure this is an old question, but I can't remember the answer...): Is there a way to get rid of those lines across the panel marking where the external 3D window edges are?Thanks in advance and blue skies...

It's a bit complicated (but sounds much worse than it is...)You need to get a copy of cockpit designer:http://www.geocities.com/alive.geo/downloads.html(From memory, cockpit designer really doesn't like long file names or file names with spaces in. You may need to re-name some of your planes for it to work.)You may wish to back up your planes before you start messing with them.....Start a new project and load in the plane to be corrected. Select the view to be changed (i.e. IFR or VFR).Then right click in the green space, and choose "inside image, edit rectangles". Click on rect1, and increase the "to" y-coordinate by a pixel or 2 a bit (e.g. from 474 to 476).Saving the project will create a new plane .res file.If this isn't clear, let me know where you've got stuck and I'll try and help! Ian

Guest Stearman

Hi Ian, thank you very much for your tip.Yes, I'm familiar with Cockpit Designer and have worked with it in the past, but I didn't remember it can help with those bleed-through lines on Geforce cards...Thanks again, happy landings!!