Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

FREE: Fuel Truck !!!!

I need you to update your versions of FIXMIP. I have found a bug in the program for small texture files. Also the new version shows nightlighting effects - making it easier to see what you are doing.But to get you to do this, I have used a clever marketing strategy of throwing in a free (FREE FREE FREE) fuel truck (BP-logo), designed specifically for Luc and his Cardiff package.Now don't laugh at my poor little fuel truck. Fuel trucks are not my area of strength (due to a lack of squareness), but in a dark light from a great distance, this one resembles one very closely.And you can use FIXMIP to make a night-lit version of it! Now there's a challenge.All right, you can go and play with your new fuel truck. But you must be back inside before dark and I want your rooms tidy before dinner.Pour Luc: ici un camion citerne, peindre aux couleurs de la "British P

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks a lot Robert, for holding this nice program "up to date".Without all this little helpfull tools our little FU3 world would be a lot more difficult. ;-) :-)Best regardsAnsgar

RobFree fuel truck is just what I need!There is a BP fuel truck at filton as well...to fuel visiting planes.Couple of thingsOn your next rewrite of fixmip I don't suppose you could get it to accept all gifs so we don't have to use simplgif. After several hundred uses simplgif is begining to wear thin.Can you associate sounds with moving objects...I saw a police car somewhere in FU3 and when you got close you could hear a siren...howderyerdothat?Rob.

Dr Iscoll,Buy one for the price of two & get one free.Thats the bargin I had at the shops today.But a (FREE FREE FREE) fuel truck sounds like an even beter bargin.Ye Iill hav 1 of them.Im just off to go get it.Perhaps it will make up for my mising out on not geting agtim,sWeather resource fix, Just bcous I dont hav a German version.glidernut.:-wave

Dr DThere is no gas in the fuel truck!!!....I thought I'd have at least several hundred gallons of av gas. Thought I was gonna make some dosh there! Can cars run on av gas? Have you tried vegatable oil in a diesal.....Anyways seeing as you helped me so much I think I let you off!!! :-)Rob.

I axidently reversed the fuel truck over FixMip!I supose, what with it being free and all, it meens I carnt get my muny back?Theres allways a snag isnt there.glidernut.:-wave

Rob,To add a sound to a moving object, there'a sound effect attach drop down list just above the draw path button on your "The Moving Ground Object Editor" click on it and add the sound you like.I,m not sure where your police car is, But if you happen to have Oswald field installed, there's a Police car chasing a couple of trucks around the Airfield. It's pretty noisy :-lolHope that helpsHave Fun :-newburnAllan and Puppyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Glidernut, you're always driving things into my models. I am promoting you to:CHIEF SAFETY OFFICER, UNITED KINGDOM AIR TRAFFIC AUTHORITYso that I can sack you like that Filton controller. You have one week's notice (starting from 24th July) to pack up your belongings and clear the office. And I'm pinching your filing cabinet to store damaged models.And to Rob, I'm telling you that when that truck left the factory it had plenty of gas in it (but it wasn't Avgas - it was jet fuel because I had just run the Beechjet - probably wreck your engines). Anyway, blame glidernut because the fuel leaked out when he ran the truck into Fixmip.But I like that scrumpled GIF - I wonder if I could adopt that for my next FIXMIP?As to using SimplGif, if you don't want to use it, don't. Try using your GIF directly in FIXMIP - the current version is stable and can interpret a wider range of GIF's. But because there are so many GIF formats, I can't give any guarantees. And I suggest you remip your old GIF's for models you have made - the new version is more accurate.Thanks for the comments, guys!RobD.