Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptRolo

Charter Service

Hi all fellow pilots . As you know I'm going to SanFrancisco on the 20th of this month . I searched for charters in area , Found A Beaver that has tours for $129.00 on a planned route with 5 passengers ,or I called and can charter my own flight for $650.00 HR based at fishermans warf .OR I found a service out of Snn Carlos Flying in a cessna 182 for $240.00 hr, I think will probably go for cessna and 2 hrs of flight . Any suggestions as to what route to plan ??? I will be taking photographs of area and can possibly take 400 digital pics if batteries hold up ,have two , I would really like to do a touch and go at Half moon bay and possibly another airport . I will call this service next week to explore possibilities. I'm loking forward to this as I feel like I've already been there . Hope weather is good for flying. I will leave in A turboprop from CAK To Detroit ,and then board a 757 to SFO.Northwest Airlines.CaptRolo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Capt,It sounds like a good choice money wise to use the Cessna, I would like to see any pictures that you might take in that area, It's been a few years ago since I was in that area actually lots of years, I crossed the bay bridge and the golden gate several times, climbed the tower to look at the Island, Alcatraz, stayed in Frisco for a few weeks before heading down 101 on the coast for LA, then back home from there about a 7,000 mile ride at the time But I'd also say if if you've never had a chance to fly in a Beaver, that flight should be worth the bucks also, They are a truly awesome old airplane, Maybe the Pilot will let you fly it for awhile, it worked for me on a fly in into bush country. great fun for sureEnjoy your trip and your flightsHave Fun :-newburnAllan and Puppyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif