Sign in to follow this  

Model editing tools

Guest jonpoint

Pete,Yep, Jimmy has uploaded the tools (again). These are a subset of the 'JAS tools' which were available some time ago in the library.'bintoe.exe' is useful for extracting basic frames from binfiles. It has issues with axles and larger models. I have found it mostly useful for reverse-engineering existing models. I managed to extract some simpler aircraft binfiles as well for my P51, Piper and glider FLED models.'eto3ds.exe' is very nice when you want to take an efile and pop it back into 3DS for copying or editing. I have often cut & pasted a number of efiles together and run this to make one file. For aircraft, don't forget the texture switch (/ebmp) or you'll get 3DS asking for gifs!These tools (along with quite a few others) can be found at the JAS user's site. BEWARE!!!! I found a version of 'bsp.exe' there (v5 I think) that does not work for FU3 (or, it didn't for me...).:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

Glidernut, !! WHAT ARE YOU MAKING !!!(don't answer, please don't answer ... I won't believe you)RobD.