Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steffen

New AI callsign sounds

Hi guys,after enjoying Ansgar's new high quality AI package, I just uploaded a beta-beta version of an effort to create callsign sounds for all those new airliners.It looks like FU3 always issues the same callsign to the AI planes (i.e. the Lufthansa B747 is always "Air Plastique 555" or "Paradise 007"). So all we need to do in order to hear the AI Lufthansa B747 being called "Lufthansa 555" or "Lufthansa 007" is to create a Lufthansa sound and to replace those old sound in the vcomctrl.res and vcomp1.res ... vcomp9.res sound files with the new version. That I tried. The sound quality is far from perfect right now - but we have new sounds for Ryan Air, Delta, Lufthansa, and Virgin AI flights. A couple of ResViewer scripts will do the replacing (aftre you created backup copies).Anyone interested, please take a look at it - I wasn't able to test this in UK or with different computers - the release is just to show what we could be working on.Any ideas/suggestions/volunteers to help?Blue Skies,Steffen

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I downloaded the file and listened to the various sound tracks. "Delta" sounds convincing, "Ryan" is quite good but "Lufthansa" leaves something to be desired. Anyway, this looks... no, sounds promising :-)Hans Petter