Sign in to follow this  
Guest qvdg

Message for Jon

Guest qvdg

Hi Jon, I have built the control surfaces for the DH82 but I need a hand in testing them out before moving onto to texturing and it would appear cockpit design.Thanks, QvdG

Guest glidernut

QvdG,Hi Its me, the other john, (glidernut).I am bizy trying to modle a glider but I am a long way bihined you.So I carnt help you with modeling.And its not litly that you can help me do modeling ither, bicous I am useing3D Sudioe Max and you hav taken the Anim8or root.But when it cums to CockpitDesigner, I am a little ahed of you.So on this I can offer you sum help and advice if needed.Having sed that, I dont want to do the hole thing for you, for 4 resans.(1) To go the extra mile in order to do the best job posible, I would needto hav your love and pashion for the Tiger Moth.But to me, the Tiger Moth is just a nice aircraft.(2)I am bizy trying to cach up with you by modleing a glider.(3)I am predudist aganst historicl acuracye in faver of what looksand feels better to fly in FU3.In other words, you might not like what I cum up with.(4)CockpitDesigner cums with a good set of instuctions. So its not so hard to master as bilding a modle.And you may not need any help with it.But along with CockpitDesigner You will need to use i.Mage which is asimpl to use and free pante program that lets you pant individual pixls.You need this bicous most pante programs dont alouw you to do individual pixls.You will also need a normal but good pante program.I may be able to help with the last 2 items.PS, "O" sod it, send me what snaps you hav and tel me what standeredFU3 aircraft you are using.At leest I can make a start for you.glidernut.

Guest jonpoint

Quentin,Send me the DH82 efile or even just the exported 3DS file ASAP. I will play with them whilst you play with the textures ;) We can merge the files later. The only trick here is, whoever is doing the cockpit is 'holding the baby'. You cannot copy cockpit settings :-( So, at some stage, when the cockpit is done, the models, axle, sound and palette files and textures can be imported into it.:-wave Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest qvdg

Thanks Jon. I will send the files after having checked if the latest modifications have not blown the poly limit. I will send you the anim8or file also so that you may give me some pointers on what I have done wrong ;-)Cheers, QvdG

Guest qvdg

Hi Glidernut. How can you say it is just "a nice aircraft" ;-) It is good to hear that you have the modeling bug as well and I look forward to seeing your works. With respect to the cockpit I can send you a photo of the cockpit but unfortunately it shows only the lower half (ie. we don't see the windshield). We may have to get inspiration from another simulator for the missing parts and perhaps staggerwing can help here. Any help to get me started is greatly welcomed.PS. Whats the best email address to get you on ?Cheers, :-) QvdG