Sign in to follow this  
Guest TFT1

for Jon Point

Hi Jon,as you are not answering on the mails, I try this way.You liked to send me your res of the dash. Have

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Heinz,I will send to you my current office email privately. My 'other' email addresses are causing problems because too many people are sending too much stuff! Screenshots, questions, aircraft requests(?), 'how do I do this?' etc. Hotmail is chockers - I have to empty it twice daily (and it still rejects mail). My old office email is about to close and in any case, has sooooo many sites blocked from it, I can barely send or recieve anything at all :-(The Dash8 story is, I'm afraid, not good. All attempts to create a new project in CPD cause a crash. I CAN edit it in my original CPD project file though, and it saves changes OK (I've been flying the planes...) but, try to do something new and it dies :-grr I know that the resfile is corrupted (similar issues occur every 20-30 Resviwer saves and I always keep backups) but I cannot find an older resfile which HAS the cockpit but isn't trashed :-( :-( And yes, I've tried copying the folder to another PC and it won't open. Something Gideon did (or didn't do) has caused the resultant files to somehow identify their surroundings. I can emulate the entire folder structure here but it still doesn't work. This implies that CPD (or Resviewer) actually knows what OS the file was created under!!?! That is the only difference between my home PC (Win98SE) and here (Win2K). The hardware is identical.This brings me back to the point where I'd like to compile resfiles like LGS did (i.e. from scripts). This would allow one to re-create any aircraft from scratch, instead of having to 'base' it upon an existing aircraft and accept the 'foibles' within. Foibles? Yep, every plane I've done has some issue or feature that cannot be changed or invoked because of some 'hidden' settings. For example, it would be lovely to have the GPS available generally but I cannot even move it without a crash. Similarly, change a B400's engines to piston ones and it acts really weird. I managed to sucessfully use the spoilers in the L-13 after getting past some misinformation but again, if only I had the resources needed for the script process, I could probably eliminate many foibles ;)Meanwhile, I don't know what to do. I can create a 'new' Dash8 for you but it will have a Baron cockpit. I have written down all the cockpit settings but again, there are a few needle/switch bitmaps needed too - I have all these though. Let me know what you would like to do. I am intending to release an upgrade of the Dash8 soon (now I have the spoilers working and have worked out how to integrate the flap&aileron functions) but, without an editable (by anyone else) cockpit, she's stalled. I would like to ask Ansgar to help me port it to the B400 model but he's a bit busy right now.:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************