Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dann

90 Day post check, you can ignore.

Guest jonpoint

Hey Dan,Good to see you're still around :-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Guest Dann

Jon,Thanks...I'm an avid reader, if not poster.Regarding your flight model for the Corsair: I don't have much an expertise in flight model editing (I fixed the Baron's, now it behaves like a normally aspirated engine, etc) but I can get you some information on what the real Corsair engine specifications should be, and a "handling critique" by the pilot of one.Let me know when you're ready.Dan

Guest jonpoint

Dan,Thanks. I won't be ready for the F4U until after Christmas so I'll post when I need it. I was given a critique of a T6 by a relative of an ex-US Navy flyer - his comments were 'make sure it's a pig - on the ground especially'! According to this guy (who trained in the early 50's), hopping from the T6 into a Mustang was like stepping from an old 6-cylinder F100 into a Camaro! He reckoned the T6 felt very heavy and a bit underpowered and the tail kicked like a mule if you weren't ready. He also said this 'piggish' handling was deliberate - it made you feel like you were going a lot faster, in a much larger aircraft. He also has an original Navy training manual he said he'd loan to me after Christmas!I also saw a video from a museum the other night where they flew a restored T6, a Wirraway (rather similar to the T6) and a Kaydet! Man, I was glued to the screen for the entire 60 minutes ;) The sight of the T6 and Wirraway, gear-up, side-by-side at 20ft was spectacular to say the least. Pity the sounds were overloaded (common problem with airshow videos). Only bummer is, I had to give the tape back - gotta get a capture card for the PC...I've also found an Aussie museum with an F4U - in flying condition. Looks like I'm going to be busy with my month's holidays ;):-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Guest Dann

Jon,LOL, be sure to take some time for yourself!Let me know when you're ready. I'm always peeking in.Dan