Sign in to follow this  
Guest georgi55

GF4 Ti4200 owners, please tell me how 2nd monitor works

I have GF3 with DVI output, and when I use DVI to VGA adapter to connect2 monitors, both monitors just give me exactly same picture instead of one of them as 2nd monitor.I used to use PCI card as my 2nd monitor till I got the DVI to VGA thing, so I know how 2nd monitor in windows works.David (SD Sim) told me that in Ti4600, windows recognizes the DVI output as 2nd video card, and allows you to extend desktop.(which doesnt happen on my PNY Vetro GF3)If you have ti4200, and especialy PNY's one, and you have used DVI to VGA converter, and windows recognized the DVI output as 2nd monitor,and you are able to extend desktop on it rather than seeng 2 exactly same images on both monitors, please let me know.I can go back to store, give back GF3 and pay $70 extra for PNY Vetro GF4 Ti4200 if I have the information that it works as above till this wednesday the 5th. (30th day of my purchuse of GF3).Please tell me how yours work.Thanks in advance.Edit: And Im sorry I posting this in FS2002 forum, but I need fast reply, and I want to do 2nd monitor thingy only for FS2002 so please allow me to.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Georgi,I have MSI Ti4600 and works great under WinXP. With NView enabled I can extend my desktop to second monitor and run multiple 3D views on both monitors. All GF4's are dual head, so I think PNY Ti4200 should also work without any problem.Petar

The gf 3 cards do not have dual ramdacs ,therefore do not support dual monitors unless it is a modified gf3. I have one comp with a visiontek gf3 ti 500 and my other comp has a visiontek gf4 4600. It uses a software called nview to support dual monitors(the older version of the software was called twinview). My primary monitor is a sony 19" crt and my secondary is a kds 15" lcd. I use a dvi to vga adapter for the lcd monitor and the os is win xp pro. I just select extend my desktop to second monitor and it works great. The nview software is built into the nvidia drivers. When I run fs2002 I move the radios, throttles ,overheads and in the the case of pic 767 I move the fmc overheads and throttles to the second monitor. You just right click on the window you want to move and select undock and then drag it to the second monitor.

Ya, I know how to use 2nd monitor, I usede PCI card till now.Now that I have this info im going to store, return my GF3 and get 4200 for extra $70.Thank you to all of you.