Sign in to follow this  
Jetstar2

A Couple of FU3 Questions

Hello, I have the following questions which I couldn't find answers to anywhere: 1) With the latest patch installed, I still hear the sound of splashing water after becoming airborne from a water takeoff when flying the renegade. The sound goes away though, if I taxi from water onto land. Is this normal? 2) I would like to raise the head position in the virtual cockpit of the renegade. From what I found by searching through this forum, I would need to modify the 3d model and to look for a "white book" which explains how to do this. Can anyone tell me where I might find this white book or how I can modify the head position in the virtual cockpit (I am aware of the head_tilt command, yet this only works in the 2d views). Any info would be appreciated! Robert Williamson

Guest glidernut

Hi Robert Williamson,1) No its a falt, But it can be corected by puting this line in your Flight3/flt3.cfg file,no_splash2) The "white book" you are looking for in the FU3 librery is named "Flight3 white Papers V" I tryed to put it hear to save you looking for it, but it wastoo big.But its a lot mor complicated than I can do.So soum one els will hav to explain how to raise the head position in the virtual cockpit.Jon Point knows how amung others.Perhaps one of them will be along shortly to explane.glidernut.:-eave

Guest andy9164

Robert,Have a look at earlier messages in the forum, there is one titled Angle of View, is this what you are looking for.Andy

Guest jonpoint

Rob,As Andy says, use 'head tilt' instead. There is another way but it involves creating a new aircraft...:-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************

Guest jonpoint

Sorry, I didn't mean to be abrupt :-)I WAS serious - the 'head' in the F4 view is the same one used in the others (it's position, that is). I can even tell you the subobject name (@h31head) but, without source files, modification is not easy. When creating aircraft, I put it right between the pilot's eyes (literally) and therefore it should not require moving. The first time I 'fly' the 3D model, I take shots in the F4 view of all 8 positions and use those as a template for the F2&F3 views. In the GeeBee I deliberately set the F2&F3 forward views 'forward' a bit because the canopy frame gets in the way. The side views agree well with the F4 view.I have noticed however, some aircraft seem to have them in strange positions. I don't actually ever use it ('coz it looks crap) anyway! In one of my WIP DHC6s, the F4 view is inside the cabin and you can pan around and look out the passenger windows :-lolWhich particular aircraft are you referring to? If it's one of mine I might be able to help ;):-wave******************* Jonathan Point *******************