Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

Modelling roll spoiler in fu3...

While I keep using fu3 quite a LOT, I also have a strong will to re-install the FLED editor and start digging into the details of FU3 flight dynamics. I did it once, when I bought it soon after release, and when the first tools became available, but I recall very few details about the FM structure.One of the things I can't recall is if FU3 includes the possibility to model roll spoilers like in most airliners. If it does, then they should really make a difference in terms of coordinated turns on swept back wing aircraft. If it was not because of the Yaw Damper and drag caused by it's roll spoilers, a real b744 would experience pronnounced adverse yaw if yoke only was used to initiate a turn. The b747 I downloaded and have been flying extensively has no active turn & slip indicator - at least the slip part is absent... so, I can't really tell if the airplane is subject to svere adverse yaw or not.Can anyone help? BTW: What about inboard ailerons?Thx!!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

JC,Firstly, I wasn't aware you could 'uninstall' FLED! It's kinda part of the game. You COULD delete 'fled.exe' although I don't know why :-rollFlight modelling is done outside FLED, using 'Resviewer', 'Planeunlimited.exe' and a few other tools. As to spoilers, they are part of the flight model textfile. You need to extract the Beechjet flight model and have a look in there. There is only one spoiler switch though. Search the library for the tools - I uploaded some a while ago.You can have multiple anything - as long as you can live with the actuation methods in FU3. For example, you can link flaps and ailerons together (flaperons) like I did with the DHC-6. And yes, you can have inboard ailerons if you want them.:-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Jonathan,thx for your many contributions to FU3 - wich I am already profiting from... - and for your reply!Regarding FLED, I didn't say I had uninstalled it - it was FU3 I uninstalled loooong ago, when it was W95/W98 days... and reinstalled with immense satisfaction last week.It has something misterious about it, attractting me and making me feel like when I was there... - those who have flown for real will most certainly know what I mean...

JC,"It has something misterious about it, attractting me and making me feel like when I was there... - those who have flown for real will most certainly know what I mean..."This is why we're still here ;)Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"