Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptRolo

Half Moon Bay

Hi All; Here is picture I took last fall ,trying to resize to post It works will post more later !!! FBO is inside this building on right rearCaptRolo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What are the structures up on the hill? they look like antennae but one looks bigger - like a radar dish.RobD.

Rob,I think it is considered a "radar telescope".

>>I think it is considered a "radar telescope".No, it's Globe Wireless' KFS comm station. The dishes are satellite communications earth stations.As an aside, on July 13th, 1999, KFS Half Moon Bay transmitted the signal:--.-. --.- / -.-. --.- / -.-. --.- / .-- .... .- - / .... .- - .... / --. --- -.. / .-- .-. --- ..- --. .... / ..--.. (CQ CQ CQ WHAT HATH GOD WROUGHT?)This (The same text as the Morse code message transmitted by Samuel Morse to officially open the Washington - Baltimore telegraph line in 1844) was the last commercial Morse message ever transmitted from North America. The last ship-shore message was from the Liberty Ship Jermemiah O'Brian to President Clinton. It was received by KFS - but forwarded via email, as the White House no longer has any Morse capability.Richard

Thanks Captain :-) Looking forward to more... this has to be the most popular FBO within the community here. (over the years)