Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

Outer Terrain Rimrock Lake

Guest juvat2

Here are the Flight3 co-ordinates to generate Rimrock Lake. Things yet to do:Needed next is to figure out the co-ords for the lakes' rivers(above Tieton Dam and the west end of the lake) and Clear Lake. Also try and find photos of Tieton Dam and try and make a flight3 model of it. There is also a camp ground on the southern shores of Clear Lake, Tieton runway, and town of Rimrock(town is on hwy 12).Does Flight3 already have tents, campers models?flt.cfg:;Rimrock Lake ;generate_outer_megatiles 121.10106 121.22651 46.62058 46.65594Rules.txt://Rimrock Lake//////////////////// TYPE MIN ALT MAX ALT MIN LONG MAX LONG MIN LAT MAX LATRULE w 0 2818 121.10106 121.22651 46.62058 46.65594 0.4Location of this lake in the flight3 nav map:The bottom right of map. Words "1991 Raven Maps & Images For more information call 800-237-0798"Zoom in under the word "call" and you'll see the lake.Available at the Avsim library is a very useful document outer_terrain_editor.zip.JimB

I just copied your text and generated the lake. The next challenge will be to find it. Where exactly is it located? You say "the bottom right of the map" -- is that just outside of the Seattle hi-res region?Hans Petter

Guest juvat2

Hello Hans,Yes Sir, it's just out of the hi-res of Sea. If you select quick flt, then in the hi-res nav map (not the outer terrain map) do the "z" key and keep zooming the location where I'd posted earlier just below the bottom right hand of the map at the text and you'll see "Rimrock Lake". Select starting location there at 3000' and you'll be right over it.I'm thinking this area would be good for developing packages, ie: Jons' Point, Lewis' Lift, Toms' Wunder, Hess' Station, Chris' Low, Rolos' Retreat, Hans' Hang-out. Just thoughts in my feeble brain.And I must add I am so dog-gone thrilled that I've got the ability to generate tiles again. Man, it's been at least maybe 2 years since I forgot how to do this. Was really angry at myself for not being able to remember how I was doing it before. All along I was performing it all wrong. Nothing at all wrong with my pc or the flight3 install.Well, enough of that.You all take care,JimB

Guest R_Driscoll

I don't know of any camper's models, except for the original hiker's models from LGS (used in one of their challenges). So if you want to throw Jon or myself a few picies of what you want ...RobD.

Guest juvat2

Hi Rob,I placed a dirt strip(supposed to be grass) 3k at east end of rimrock per navaid info. Then got to looking at the lake, after a disappointing looking Clear lake, and am going to try and dabble in improving the terrain mesh in that area(if its possible. With Agtims Geo Tile Viewer 2.5 tool it may be possible. Waiting replies to another post about that).Reading other posts it seems Driscol-Point Modeling Studio is pretty busy. The tents I had in mind were just standard "pup" and "dome" styles. Maybe also plain tarp to really make it look "campee".I made a plain ole pup style with wings 3d, and another of a different style but stopped with it. No descent texturing applied. I think I left them in .obj. Lets see here I'll try and post a screeny of them. Oh, did I say they were plain-plain oole ugly? Actually theres 3.

Guest R_Driscoll

Very nice! - so I have to take up camping and fishing now??

Guest effyouthree

Hey! Plain is fine for things like tents anyway - why waste a mip when you (should) never get that close?I won't be long with the trees & fbos, I've just been too busy travelling to stop and do it :-(Next week I travel again but only to Newcastle so I'll have more time ;)BTW, I flew over it briefly the other night. Nice piece of terrain but I didn't run the changes yet. More next week :-waveRob, according to Mike, you've been fishing for years :-lolRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"