Sign in to follow this  
Guest effyouthree

More improvements for FU3!

Thanks a bunch for the model update Jon! And Agtim, the new Switzerland looks really promising :-)I've been flying around checking out the new models in both regions and everything seems to be working as intended. Then I planted some groves of trees around Coupeville. It's very tempting to drop a forest unto each dark green rectangle adject to a field. But then there are frame rate considerations. We might compensate a bit by avoiding single trees being placed all around. In other words, limit most of the trees to the dark green spots and keep the pastures free from trees.I was going to upload a couple of screenshots but it seems that this thread has reached its limit.Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

Ha! At last you have confessed you deceptive short landing villain! And all these years I have been in awe of those magnificent landings!! (Although putting a cessna on the dome ain't bad). I am sending you the bill ($872,943 US and 39 cents) for repairs to my 747, since your reckless villainy inspired me to so many accidents. But you can pay me in fish.RobD.

Guest effyouthree

No worries, Folks! Glad you like it. I just cannot believe that it's taken so long to work this out. If anyone has similar ideas for other buildings or models, go ahead. I just placed mips on the various tanks in the Seattle region and it looks nicer ;)Just playing with some low-poly multiple streetlamps before I upload Half Moon Bay. I'll post some screenshots this week (when the streetlamps look better - durn nightlighting).* Modeller's tip #3412.1When creating models intended to have night mips, watch out for nightlighting (i.e. 'direct' lighting added by modlight.exe or similar). It can cause the nightmip to become mapped to the lights :-eek Back up near an FBO1, 4 or 6 and turn your landing lights on. Now, in F5 view, rotate around and try zooming in and out. At some point, you'll see the bowser texture in the landing light beam :-eek :-eek Also, beware mixing nightmips with RGB textures - they often ALL light up, even the RGB parts :-( (that should be tip #3412.2 but I'll leave it here...)Allan,So I've crashed 14,234 times because you cheated? Do you know how hard it is to 'really' land on a carrier? Actually, I did a few cheats myself but was too ashamed to upload them :-roll I once placed a GeeBee model on the SEA terminal roof but I didn't think anyone would believe it!Rob,Is that all they charged you? Must've used parts from a sunken Air China 747 or something... Cleatus rang up Boeing to see how much the nosewheel & leg were worth and they said 'about $1,600,000, including labour'. And that was just the nosewheel - repairing the groove in the strip, the fence, Farmer McPiggot's Santa Gertrudis prize bull (you know what he tried to do to the wheel - ruined him for life...) and the 51 civil cases for trauma and incident-induced heart attacks, I'm surprised the bill was < $20,000,000 :-eekThat's 2,000,000 Grunters or about 1,350,000 jewfish...Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest R_Driscoll

Of course I get good rates on repairs - I'm a frequent customer. Actually most of the $872,943 US and 39 cents was for disassembling the 747, and crating it in small enough bits to go in the boot of the Mazda. And petrol. I forgot petrol. Its a fair drive from Clare's Valley to Boeing Field in a Mazda. Its the Mt Baker hairpins of course. But they welcome me at the main Boeing hangar every time now - "Stacked it again, Rob?", they say before I've even had a chance to say hello. Talk of unfair discrimination.Is this getting a bit off thread again? I am inspired by your mighty efforts to redo the old UK airports - now that I'm pretty sure ground textures are not the framerate soaks I thought they were. And so last night I mixed up some new batches of concrete. Cheers all!RobD.