Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

And a few pics of sunny England - warning PICS

Guest R_Driscoll

Why did I ever start this rebuilding packages? - its taking forever (I must have taken Lief off my census). Here's some updates on London and Gatwick ...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78538.jpgmoon peeks through evening high cloud - weather by glidernut!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78539.jpgTouch up for mid London (St Pauls is done, Imperial Museum, some power stations added - main one by Andy)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78540.jpgNew fountain, touch up to main facade of palace - better source pichttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78541.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/78542.jpgGatwick

Guest effyouthree

Lovely, Rob!Ya just a coupla thousand trees ;) Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest R_Driscoll

You're right there - I've used your new forests a bit already - there are so many new excellent models out there at the moment that its high time I redid these packages. But I won't try and release them until everyone has the stable UKS, since many of the models themselves have been changed and it will need to be done once and properly in the easiest way possible, eg by script files or an install program. But that's some way off - there's a lot to do to remake these old packages first.

Guest glidernut

Oh yes you got plenty for us to look forword to hear.I dont know why but I seem to do mor exploring in the UK than proper flying.I mean using the zor mod to get right up close to every crook and crany of every bilding.I dont remember ever doing that in sanfran or seattle!Are, I just remembered why, I didant know about the zor mode back then.Its funy but the older this sim gets the newer and fresher everything looks.And that sky in the first pic looks too real for cumfort, Im of to put my cote on.glidernut.:-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

Panic!! Don't go zoaring too close to my models - you'll find out all the rough edges and cheating I did to make them. Aaarragggggggggghhhh. They look best from a good distance (Jon would say approx 10,000 ft, thick fog, night is about the best view angle). I flew from Gatwick to LCA last night - using visual flight rules in a violent storm where I lost sight of the ground within about 500 ft - thick mist, thunder in the (close) distance, pouring rain, wonderful. No VOR's, no ATC, no maps, just navigating by seat of the pants as they did back in the 1900's (I was a bit younger then), fully confident of my ability to drop out of the clouds smack onto LCA. After a while the clouds cleared fore long enough to see the ground from 1500 ft, and there was Biggin Hill, straight in front, clear as anything - so I knew I was navigating OK. But 10 min later, no Thames, no clear patches to see anyway, then violent turbulence as I went through a storm cell, and then thick fog, so I dropped to 500 ft, no London!! - just farms etc. The great navigator had to crawl back to the maps and do some rapid renavigating. How could I miss London? Ah well ...Robd

Guest effyouthree

"How could I miss London? Ah well ..."Probably the lack of lights. Which reminds me, did anyone ever work out if we can extract the night ground maps and edit them? Or, in the case of UKS, create them? In Seattle, they appear to have the same resolution as the day maps, so maybe we could copy & darken the daylight maps (easy in a batch process - if we could extract them)then touch them up?Am I asking too many questions? Did I stay up until 2AM testing new AI planes? Do I sound like a budgie? Why is my monitor blurry?Too much coffee :-eekBTW, the 'warning PICS' comment above... Are you warning Pilots In Command to avoid the post whilst flying? Or is this an aid to others, who's PCs are Devonian at best?See? Questions again. Gotta switch to tea...:-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest R_Driscoll

Devonian, that's the one. Some people (hard to believe) still have old slow connections.Lack of lights - I made streetlights as long strings, but they seemed to kill framerates and I've never got back to them. But even with lights, (and I was flying by day), I would have missed London - it was a pea souper.

Guest qvdg

Wow Rob those models are brillant ! I look foward to having a closer look from the air.Cheers, QvdG