Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dauphin4

What's new since the release of FU3?

Guest Dauphin4

Hello, I'm a fan of the FU serie since I had FU1. I have stopped to fly with FU3 for a while and I have used it again. I would like to know what's the news about this fantastic serie? Will be any FU4? And what's new for it that I can download?Thanks and happy landings.

Guest R_Driscoll

Hi, welcome along! I don't think there will ever be an 'official' FU4, but the community here has developed an unofficial version for England, with major airports and new ATC. But if you have been out of contact for a while, there are several upgrades to the 'old' FU2/FU3 you should look for:1) Ansgar's planes. Any of them. They are better than the original FU3 planes, and include Barons, DC3's and Jumbos.2) Jon's planes. Especially his DH6 Otter, Dash 8, and Blanik glider.3) Many other planes by other people - just look through the FU3 library listing, including planes by Hennie, Captn Bazza, etc.4) Major scenery updates, including mega-packages by Chris Low - just look for his name in the FU3 library and get the most recent updates.5) Many tools for you to start your own scenery / models development. An essential starting point is Gideon Pertzov's Resviewer, which allows you to add developments by other people to your installation. For example, Hans Petter has developed a modified colour palette for Seattle which gives whiter snow and less browns (I sound like an add for washing powder), which can be installed using Resviewer.As a start, I suggest you find Jon's Blanik glider, unzip it into your PLNPILE directory, then take it flying over the Cascades.Many other people have modified FU2/FU3 (Sorry to those I've missed in this brief!) Just look back through the FU3 library and try things.Link to Gideon's resviewer:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=4829http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/81890.jpgRobert.

Guest effyouthree

Dauphin,Welcome (back) to FU3! You should also look for the Swiss scenery by Andre Meystre. You may need to email him (or post here) to get the details.As 'Modest Rob' says, there's plenty of new stuff - especially his! My recent DHC-6 should work well in the mountains. I have only an old version of Switzerland and must update it somehow as Andre has fixed the elevation somewhat (and what country could benefit more from this, apart from Tibet?)Anyway, have a good look through the Avsim FU3 library (sort by date to get the latest) and see what you can find. If you need any more info about anything FU3, post your questions here. If you mention what sort of flying you like, and where you'd like to do it, I'm sure we can help to improve your experience :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest DLM

Dauphin,Welcome! :)In addition to what Rob and Jon says, take a look at Unlimited Design. When you have downloaded what you want from there don

Guest Dauphin4

Hello!A big thanks for the informations, I can see that the FU serie has not stopped!Alain.