Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Guys and gulls

Firstly, do not read the following message as it contains confidential information about NOT PUBLICLY RELEASED AIRCRAFT.IF YOU HAVE READ THIS FAR YOU HAVE READ TOO FAR, AND MUST IMMEDIATELY TAKE A SEVEN YEAR VOW OF SILENCE.Took off for a bit of a flight around Sandown last night (after a very savage and desperate fight with a rampant virus that had attacked my computer with a machete and cleaver) in a butcher bird. This is a very clever 'plane' developed by Jon, but never released on AVSIM. It was quite an experience - you drift along at about 14-25 knots, with this wonderful birds' eye view of the world around, occasionally flapping your wings (you can flap your wings, using the FLAPS of course, but they do not gain you any flight energy, but the wings DO really flap). You can't land the beast, but its still fun circling around hangars waiting for the occasional sandwich to come your way (or is that only seagulls?). Very therapeutic, peaceful, and just the thing after a bloodthirsty battle.RobD.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

So Rob,You think I should release the Butcher bird and Seagull?:-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Yes. But can you put an undercarriage on that Butcher Bird? And work out some way to gain energy, eg slightly negative air resistance (I don't know what you can do in the flight charateristics!).RobD.