Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptRolo

CH USB PRO PEDALS

Strange happening !! I finally got to catch up on doing some flying ,as I was off work for thanksgiving week .First day fine, Flew all over Sanfran region . second day ,trying to take off in 172 cessna and seems like brakes were on , full power and only 40knts . tried another aircraft ,same thing.Went to control panel gaming options ,rudder was working half way and usb pedals axis only one pedal made a movement.A HA something is definately wrong. Uninstalled and reinstalled all necessary drivers ,same thing . Only one thing to do now . Take pedals apart and see what I can find out .15 screws on bottom and apart it comes, Things get messy because the springs came loose and potentiometer hooked to center of pedals fell out. Upon looking in dismay I see a green wire loose , Where oh where did that hook to ?? There were other green wires on pot so I soldered it on to that connection .Took pedals still apart and plugged into usb ,fired up computer gaming options and moved pot by hand . EURIKA it works !!!!!!!!!! Now The hard part putting it all back together.After many trys. The only way to get it together with the springs in place and pot in place is to place pedal assy on edge of bench on end so you can close it up like a clam shell. IT worked .I went back to flying and started at San Jose /night/rain and on to Santa rosa /Medford /Eugene/Real time . Now I'm back to work .Next stop Portland/and on to Boeing Field.Flying time While off work for a week 15hrsHappy Flying to all you chapsCaptRolohttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/99360.gif

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Captain,Glad you sorted it! Nothing worse than something that DID work, but doesn't...15 hours? I haven't done that all year :-roll More like 8, 9 if I can fly again before Xmas. Looking forward to some gliding after Xmas though ;)Something to do with money :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Rolo,"Take pedals apart and see what I can find out .15 screws on bottom and apart it comes, Things get messy because the springs came loose and potentiometer hooked to center of pedals fell out. Upon looking in dismay I see a green wire loose , Where oh where did that hook to ?? There were other green wires on pot so I soldered it on to that connection .Took pedals still apart and plugged into usb ,fired up computer gaming options and moved pot by hand . EURIKA it works !!!!!!!!!! Now The hard part putting it all back together."I've been through all that twice... once with a driving wheel... then with a rather expensive joystick. Smart using the work bench... I got my wife to help... it only gets more complicated at that point. ;)Neat gif... do believe I'll steal that one. :)