Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Thanks for all the test stuff!

A lot of people have sent me stuff to try out over the past few weeks. Its been hard to find time to look at them all, since I only get a short time at the computer each evening and I don't keep Seattle/SanFran loaded anymore, but I really appreciate that people have kept me included in the loop. Last night I got two hours, so did a bit of Biggin Hill, then tried to cacth up. Here's a brief summary of some of the goodies people have showed me recently.Jon, thanks for the aerial (pun) package - the TV masts, radio stations etc. Now I won't have to smuggle them in. The one labelled Carquinez seems to be on the wrong frequency - I couldn't hear anything on it except car noise. But I wish I'd never showed you how to make models. You have become far too good. I think Biggin Hill may gain stacks of verticality all of a sudden (oh yes, but I forgot - I'm trying to make it realistic ...) well anyway London.Agtim, thanks for the sneak preview of the IOW terrain. The difference! Mama mia, I could never go back to the original flat Wight. Rivers, rolling hills - just sensational. But now a little problem - I have floating Cowes (sounds like the movie Twister). C'est la vie. Time to rebuild.Glidernut, how do you keep thinking of these ideas? Last night I was dumped (by your challenge script) into a Renegade about two metres above the water, and watched as straight ahead of me this building changed shape. While I was flying! Straight after this I'm off to the optometrist.Chris and agtim, thanks for the library lists! Comments elsewhere.Jon, I had forgotten about your windsock upgrade, found it again, and plan to use it to death all over the green and pleasant land. Don't forget this little gem in your AVSIM update!Apologies to Chris - still haven't got to the pylons package - will try again next week. And there were a few others as well - some new programs from agtim, new tiles from agtim (good grief, does the guy ever sleep?), ...I can't keep up! Congrats all,RobD.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!