Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptRolo

Glider Info

A snippet from aviation news::Att; Glidernut"A Rare Challenge At The Gliding Grand Prix" And although 19 percent of the Air Force's pilots are women, there are probably lots of female military "firsts" left. But it's sometimes a little surprising, in this day and age, for the powder-room door to open for the first time in civilian flying. However, Mette Pedersen, of Denmark, will be the first woman to compete against men in the New Zealand Gliding Gran Prix Jan. 21 to Jan. 27. Now, even Pedersen, the current world women's champion, seems to wonder why there's been a gender gap at this level. "Physically, there is nothing limiting me to performing as well as the men," she noted. But there was also some giddiness there. "Being a girl in a man's world is always special," she said. Pedersen, who's 28, has been gliding for 15 years and has a BSc in chemical engineering. She's left the lab to devote all of her time to training, competing and instructing young pilots at her club. The New Zealand competition will take place at Omarama and the final three days are open to the public. CaptRolo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Helow Ralph,Iv not used your news link, my anty viras program kiks in and I mouldhav to set things up for it, and I dont whant to do that.As for woman glider pilots, ye mor the meryer, we use to hav one hearin FU3, but that was a long time ago, perhaps you remember hear?Iv forgotan hear name but she did a black-box vidiow showing how to landthe renagade on the golden gate brige in fanfran, an exalant bit of flying,the golden gate brige is only just wide inuf.I may be rong but I think she was the first to do a black-box vidiow withsound, a runing comentry with hear vois.It was arigeinaly on Franks web sight, but when Frank mooved his web sighthe only kept the erly packages for us to douwnlowd, and the black-box vidiowsthat peopl had dun where no longer availabl.I no longer hav that black-box, I wish I did, it was one of the best.If any one still has that black-box? could thy pleas send it to me?Ps, I think she also did a package in Seattl of a militery bace where shewonece worked.It had so meny helicopters in it that it stoped my PC ded in its traks, about 100 of them. glidernut.

Glidernut ; Ah yes I remember her . A military woman ,I downloaded that too. McCord AFB I think.I never did see the black box .CaptRolo

Actually I think it was Gray AAF, with a corresponding outer terrain upgrade for Yakima?Capt. Anne ??:-wavePete