Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

A stiky serlection screen tip,

Has your FU3 aircraft serlection screen ever got stiky? So that you carnt serlect the aircraft you whant?Well it has hapend to me 2 or 3 times over the yers, and every time it hapens I thinkits probably 1 or mor of about 88 add on aircraft I hav in my PLNPILE folder.So I set about trying to find the bad one.After about 20 minits of trying, I ended up with only the original difalt aircraft inmy PLNPILE folder, actualy its a PLNPILE folder copyed from the insterlation CD.But my aircraft serlection screen was stil stiking!Just as I was thinking I might hav to reintall the hole game,I hapend to clik on the RANDOM buten at the aircraft serlection screenand the problem promptly disaperd!Evan after puting the all the addons back in PLNPILE, the stiky serlection screenproblem has not reterned.So if you get a stiky serlection screen, just clik on RANDOM.It could save you a lot of bother.glidernut.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Howdy John :-waveThanks for that. So the random button's operation reverses? That's bizarre! I've had a problem with faulty resfiles. When editing aircraft, one oftens happens across a combination of settings that causes a CTD. The list is endless but suffice to say, FU3 balks at anything outside its 'window of ability'.Sometimes though, you can get it so that the only available aircraft in FU3 is the one you've been working on - and merely selecting it causes a CTD. The only way out is to remove THAT aircraft from the plnpile folder and restart FU3. It sometimes happens when editing cockpit in hex (because CPD doesn't support the instruments so one has to do it in raw hex :-( ).I just want a GPS in everything :-rollRegards,Jon PointGlide Distance: (2nd seat to 1st seat) "At 16:1 glide ratio? Into a 20kt headwind? With 5 degrees flaps? And gear down?" "Listen, I got too many equations here - either my calculator is broken, or we crashed 2 miles back!!"