Sign in to follow this  
Guest harry3

Snow

Hi,I'm still flying FU3 frequently as it is the Sim which simulates little planes best.What I don't really like is the snow in FU3. It looks a bit buggy to me. For example, there would be a bitmap resource for the Nimbostratus clouds which shows snow(see attachment). But in the Sim, this will never show up.And when flying, the snow doesn't look too real. You can't see the snow as good as the rain. In real life, it's the other way round.http://free.pages.at/harry3/schnee.jpgSo is there any chance to make the snow more realistic in FU3!?Regards,Harry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Harry,I think this is about as good as it gets for snowing in FU3.And thats when you get it snowing, most of the time you can only get it raining.Mind you, the mooving rain drops on the canapy when flying are sooperb, thay are probably stil the best rain drops on the canapy in any flight sim.But snowing in FU3 is not so good, I mean what hapens when the snow fakes reech the grouwnd in FU3? It disapeers, thats what hapens! Thats not real.Mind you, I did do a spetial terain palett for the Seattl reagen that cuvers the hole reagen in abou 2 foot of snow.but unfortunatly I carnt show you a snap-shot of it bicous Iv lost it, dam & blast.Very littl has been dun to divelop the clouds in FU3.glidernut.

Thanks for the answer.So there is no way to get the resource bitmap of the snow flake and edit it so that you can have realistic snow!?Mmm, not so good :-(Regards,Harry

Harry,Useing (ResViewer.exe) you can see what bitmap resources thair are for all sorts of clouds in FU3.Useing (ResViewer.exe) look in Flight3GENPILESKY.RESUnfortunatly editing the bitmaps seems to hav littl or no efect,and even if editing the bitmaps did hav an afect, thair is no bitmap for snow, snow is a speshal efect. Speshal efects like rain, snow, lights on bildings, rotating propelers on flyablaircraft, the moon, the sun, sun glair, and perhaps a few mor things I carnt think ofjust nouw. Thay all hav resources other than bitmaps.You need to be a bit of a wiz kid to find and edit the snow resource.But it is posibl, sumone found the resource for rotating propelers on flyablaircraft, and even made a littl tool for aircraft divelopers to change the number ofblades, shapes, and coilers.But short of geting that deep into the workings of FU3, thair is a lot of setings you can use in your maine FU3 cfg file that afect allsorts of things to do with the wether.Take a look at my cfg file, swop it for yous if you like, change the numbers andsee what efect you get.Its in the zip.Also there is a program caled (Weather Unlimited) that you can create spetialWeather files for FU3.glidernut.