Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

Hear are just sum of my ded end projects doomed to fale.

Guest glidernut

Im not shoower my divelopments in flyabl aircraft are going in the right direction at all. Sum of them hav endid in a ded end.Take this model of a flyabl rabit for exampl, I played with its flight phisicsand nouw it dont fly at all, it just jumps around the airfiald bumping into things,doing forwerd and backwerd gambols and sumersalts.I hav no control over it at all.And then thair is this bulser wood glider Iv dun, it flys perfectly ok, but how wants to fly a bulser wood glider?And then thair is this Seaking helicopter I ariginaly did as a fled model.Iv nouw got it as a flyabl model and I hav been playing with its flight phisics.Thees are the resalts Iv got so far.From a parking spot, it spins and slowly takes off verticaly but then just keeps going higher and higher.Unfortunatly thats all it dus, it wont go douwn agen, moov forword, backword, or side ways at all.I hav apserlootly no control over it at all, its like watching the same bad moovy over and over agen.I say a bad moovy bicous the hole thing spins, not just the blades.I think perhaps I should just join the rest of you and stik to fled models only.Ps, If anyone wants to play with any of them, let me know and Iill send them to you.Eetch one of them is werth 5 minits of astonishment and fun, but non of them are werth puting in the avsim librery.glidernut.

Guest R_Driscoll

The rabbit is wonderful! I can't believe it. But please don't release it. You know what rabbits are like. Release one of them and next thing you know there are thousands bouncing around the airfield.And I couldn't believe the balsawood glider. Brilliant! What scale? Is it the same size as the other planes, or just a few cms? When they crash do you glue them together again?And the helicopter - where did you get that from? That would be a great AI or scenery object - far far better than the old newschopper. Hey, our first helicopter! Already! Might be worth experimenting a bit more with the flight physics. Maybe copy the blimp's air physics file (and I think that was just the original Trainer's airfile), probably can't hover but might be able to go real slow, like the birds Jon made for me.Robert.

Guest glidernut

Robert,Rabbit:Ye the rabbit is best keped out of FU3, I think Iill shoot it.Balsawood glider:I gave this balsawood glider all the cockpit vews and everything butUnfortunatly Iv had to do it the same scale as other aircraft.I tryed hard to get its contact points right at a very small scale but no good.I even tryed at one point all the contact points at 0.0 but still no good.I think Sumthing els was hapening. I think I came up aganst an FU3 limitation.The helicopter is all myne, I did it from scrach, I initialy did it as a fled model only,it only uses one mip.As a flyabl it needs mor experymentation.O, ye, the blimp, I forgot about that, that was very slow.Do you hav Captin Bazzas blimp? Can you send it to me pleas? Its physics may well be of use.glidernut.

Guest glidernut

Robert,Forget the blimp, its ok Iv got Captin Bazzas bote, I think its even slower.glidernut.

Guest R_Driscoll

I can't believe you did the helicopter from scratch. It looks superb. Must have taken you a few weeks to put together?