Sign in to follow this  
Guest gilesrdturner

Great to be back

Guest gilesrdturner

What a revealation. I've been working my way up the FS line these last 4 years until finally giving up with FSX (way to slow). Last month I experimentally got out my old FUIII, and wow, I'd forgot how immersive it is. Ok the graphics aren't up to FSX but it all works in real time, which FSX is never going to. Anyway I shall use it for practice as I'm now up to 20hrs on my PPL(JAR) and it seems much more GA orientated then FSX. The only thing I'd like that isn't in my FUIII is the ability to use UK airports. I'm learning at Thruxton and I could do with that area as I need to practice the circuit (In particular, overhead joins). How can I get hold of the UK scenery pack so that area is a bit more representative then Seattle?How someone can help.All the bestGiles

Guest gilesrdturner

One of the board members has suggested to me that I would need the whole UKS pack which I'm told is around 15M. Since I only need the areas around Thruxton and Old Sarum fields, could anyone help me with this? I'm thinking that maybe theres a way of just downloading these tiles (if anyone has them) and just installing them using the updated UKS region and not the full scenery pack. If not, I guess I'll be looking for the whole UKS pack which seems a lot of trouble for just two airports.Hope someone can advise?ThanksGiles

Guest R_Driscoll

Send me an email.I woulkd be interested in helping develop Thruxton and Old Sarum.Soon as I find them.Robert.