Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Installing the new update for FU3-UKS:

I have had a number of emails from people about the FU3 UKS 2007 update, which you can get from here: http://lundbykrat.com/FU3/FU3.htmI have found that for the upgrade to work, it is important to do a preparation step first.So from an existing stable version of the UKS region, do the following:1) Make a backup copy2) Delete all files in the following directories:The step is simple: you need to delete all files in the following directories:PACKAGESouterrAIRPORTS (leave sea and sfo if you want to - I have tested and this works and gives a link to the other regions!).regionsUK-SouthAIRPORTSregionsUK-SouthGENThis is necessary because of icon limits in FU3 and because new versions of the files clash with old ones, causing crashes.3) Now install the update, by copying the zipped version into the existing directory structure, so that it replaces what is there.4) Don't forget to unzip the GEOTILES.TAG file - this contains all of the wonderful new terrain from agtim, plus some of my bug fixes for specific airports. This can be found inregionsUK-SouthGEOS5) Finally, my configuration file FLT3.CFG (in the main directory) may not work with your system, so you can simply delete it or copy across from your backup version.I hope this helps fix any problems with installing.Robert.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!