Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest CaptRolo

LCD monitors

Any one out there useing LCD's .I have switched to a samsung 20" standard because wide screen diastorts FU3 .The only complaint is night flying. I used to turn out all lights in room and fly night missions .Now with the backlight on screen ,nothing looks like real nights in FU3. A bummer ,Need a workaround or wait for technology to improve.CaptRolo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Captain,I notice the same problem with my laptop when staying up late in hotel rooms. LCDs just don't have the contrast that CRTs do. Some LCD TVs have great contrast (1500:1) but are too blurry for simming. At the end of the day, an HD LCD has much less resolution than a typical 22" LCD monitor.I tried something different the other day - I plugged into a 104cm plasma for a presentation. The contrast was great, as was the speed.Pity it cost $1500 and I'd have to sit 10 feet away to use it :-lolIf you adjust the backlighting to a lower level (I can on my laptop) at least you get almost-black, but then it's not very bright :-rollRegards,Jon Point