Sign in to follow this  
Guest BobL

Cessna 421C Questions

Realistically, what is the Golden Eagle 421's maximun [safe] flight range and at what [recommended] altitude? :-hmmmI could not find any range info in the manual.I've done a few 300 nm flights already to familiarize myself with this plane and its excellent GPS -- now I'm ready for a long flight :-yellow1For those of you who are still thinking about it, I have to say: get it!This plane has to be the best GA aircraft for FS2002 -- My wife alredy hates it :-hahKerke---

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

KerkeHiFrom a realistic standpoint in general aviation, figure 2.5 hours on any flight. And it's a biologic thing not the airplane. I'm a RW pilot and most airplanes can out fly even the hardiest of bladder's. Even those with an on-board honey bucket. It just starts getting too cramped and confined, and some passengers are hesitant to use the honey bucket for privacy reasons. I don't have the 421 yet, but plan on getting it. I should expect it could make an ATL - ABQ run no problem. But for the sake of passengers comfort, in the RW I would put a planned stop about midway into that flight. It doesn't have to be long, just enough to break it up, dispel any claustrophobia and give the ladies and privacy prone men a chance to relieve themselves. After all, those airplanes are operated for hire. Either corporate or air-taxi. Either way, you want your passengers coming back again and if you've made it uncomfortable for them, they won't.That's a realistic response from a RW perspective.BobL