Sign in to follow this  

Carenado Bonanza V35 5 minute review

Why 5 minutes? Cuz that is all I have.ECommerce server speaks Spanish. Don't freak out if during transaction, you get a "can't connect" and upon refresh, you see a large cryptic red banner in Spanish. I almost blew it and canceled as I thought it had failed. Get some English pages Carenado!Plane. Install was slick and smooth, like most of them nowadays. 2D Panel. Nice. 3D Panel. Ok. Not up to current standards, like FSD or Flight1. Could be a config setting to get better resolution, much like the newly released Eagle.Exterior. Look at the screenies on their page. Excellent.Frame rate: Excellent on my system. Better than the recent releases by FSD and Flight1 for example, but this A/C has no "systems" running behind it like the aforementioned, so this is to be expected. It performs frame rate wise, much like any "stock" FS aircraft.Flight Model. Good. Fly's like a real airplane. Rotation is smooth, climb out is lackluster, but I suspect that is a modeling of the real V35. Pilots with real V35 stick time are better qualified to comment here.All in all I'm glad I bought it. If you're in to dropping 15 to 20 bucks for every cool looking pay ware add-on that comes around, get it. If you are more miserly with your hard earned cash, wait for a better review.Cheers,bt

Is it GMAX?I didn't notice any reflective textures in the photos from their website. Looks good though.

No, like a lot of groups they still do all their work in FSDS. Personally, I prefer FSDS (besides lower FPS), so thats a small perk for me.Thanks for the review, I was interested in buying one of their Bonanza's, and now that ive seen how the V-tail is, I may buy it (even though its soooo ugly ;))Scott