Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

problems using x45 rotaries for trim

I recently bought an X45 and have had problems setting it up for fs2002. When I look at joystick properties the main axis is not steady. Although this does not cause real problems with fs2002, when playing bob I can actually see the control surfaces vibrating. The main problem when playing fs2002 is when I allocate trim to one of the rotaries. I can then see the trim wheel in the cockpit moving up and down and the there is some jerkiness when I turn the rotary.Does anybody else have similar problems with the x45? My old ms precision 2 was completely steady in output so I am very disappointed with the Saitek. I have tried various drivers and have been in contact with saitek customer support but they haven't been able to solve the problem. I took the stick back thinking it was faulty but the replacement does the same thing albeit not as badly. I now have to decide whether to take the stick back for a refund or another swap. Therefore I need to know whether the output from the stick should be completely steady or do they all have the problem that I am experiencing. The rotary contols were a major reason that I got the x45 as I thought they would be better for trim than the keyboard but not if I can't get a steady signal from them.Many thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I use the upper left hat switch for FS2002 trim. Works great & is on the joystick. I had setup the rotory for IL-2 Sturmovik but never got it to work with the X45 & FS2002. Since my hand is always on the joystick & not the throttle, I find the hat switch more suitable anyway!Also using rudder pedals so I don't use the throttle rocker switch for rudder either. BTW--- I don't have any jerkiness output problems. The X-45 really is a great setup for using many functions with a virtual cockpit to eliminate "mouse" clicking all over the place!L.Adamson

I had the exact same problem with my Saitek X36. And I didn't use the Saitek drivers (some of the worst stuff I've ever seen :-fume ), so it is not a software issue.Finally, luck came my way... the HOTAS died last month. I briefly considered buying a X45, but knew I wouldn't be any happier with it. I did some research amd learned more about the new Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS. Many folks in the U.S. have been waiting to get their new Cougar for more than three months, but I was fortunate to place an order with Flight Sim Central and receive mine within 4 days!What a piece of work!!! 18 pounds, all metal, driverless :-kewl , and the ease of programming simply is light years ahead of the Saitek SGE braintease. The downside is the price... got mine for $280.00 US. I must say though, that having had the thing for 10 days, seeing how well it works in this sim, and especially how easy it is to program, I feel like I got the better end of the deal. You know you've made a good purchase when the item you've bought just keeps bringing you more enjoyment. Such is the case with me and the Cougar.You can go here for more info: http://cougar.frugalsworld.com/Regards,