Sign in to follow this  
Guest 727Fan

Installing the Falcon 50

Well I'm sort of embarassed here. After adding lots of aircraft to my copy of FS2K2, I'm stumped regarding the install of the Falcon 50. The readme advised against a manual install, but I don't see any .exe icon to run an auto install.The downloaded file has 3 folders to it; Aircraft, Modules, and Gauges. Do these all go into one folder in the Aircraft folder of the sim? Or do I have to seperate them and put them into different default folders within the aircraft file of the sim?And what about the sound? The readme says the Falcon uses the Lear 45 default sound. So do I just copy the Lear sound folder over to the Falcon's folder?I know this is simple stuff to the vets here, but I don't want to screw up. True confessions here. It seems I waited too long to install this bird and I've "de-evolved."Thanks for any help!Rick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's not referring to an .exe. You're supposed to unzip it to your fs2002 folder with the right options for file structure selected which I don't remember at the moment ;), but should be obvious when you look at WinZip.It will extract the right files to the right folders for you and the sound will automatically use the sound from your installed Lear45 sound folder.For the record, I just copied all the files over manually and have no problems. This is a beautiful piece of work. One of the all time best imho.michael

Michael. I have a question re: the Falcon 50I installed as you suggested. I had unzipped the file to a temp holding file I use for all downloads before actually putting files into the MSFS folder.Beautiful work! Yet, I don't have a virtual cockpit! At least not like the default aircraft do. I have a type of 3D cockpit in the default 2D view mode, but a switch to the VC mode renders a view without any cockpit, just like the other aircraft without a VC. There's no panning around inside, just 4 views; forward, back into the cabin, right and left sides.Am I nuts? I was expecting a VC like the defaults. Now the cockpit view does have perspective, unlike the a 2D panel. Is this view the so called virtual cockpit? And if so, I can't find flap gauges nor throttle.I'm lost!Please advise.........ThanksRick

HI Rick,Please read the extremely detailed instructions in the download readme and other documentation.It sounds like you have either wrongly installed the Falcon or you have chosen the "light" version in Fs2002, which doesn't have a Virtual Cockpit. We made the light version for users with sluggish computer systems.I suggest you open the zip, and before you extract, set Winzip to extract the files using folder options (options menu in Winzip). All the Facon files in the zip are set automatically to extract to the correct Fs2002 folder with this option enabled in Winzip, which we clearly state in our documents. All you have to do is to tell winzip where FS2002 is installed.Regards,Rob Young

Please disregard my last post on this question.ALWAYS READ THE MANUAL BEFORE HAND!Sorry for wasting folks' time.Rick